OpenTick Reloading historical data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenTick Reloading historical data

I can not seem to be able to backfill or reload historical tick data from OpenTick.

The very first time eveything seemed to work okay except that there was no data from the time the initial download started till the time it stoped. There was a gap in the data covering the time OT tooke to download the data (4 days of tick). That was yesterday. Today I start NT and i need to backfill/ download data covering the over night session plus I need to get gap in data from yesterday filled in.

Can't backfill with Format at least it did not work. Went to Tools | Options | data and turned off Store Real Time Data bars. That did not do anything. Then went to Tools| Historical Data | Reload and set all the fields and clicked okay. The Please waiting ... window pops and says it's getting the data. That window disappears and back to the download window. click close. The Chart has refreshed, goes blank and then redisplays but it's the same old data - nothing has changed. It's like the download never happened.

How can I flush that data and start over? Am I doing something wrong? Nothing shows up in the log except OpenTick Primary Connection =Connectiing.
    The ORders window is show the Bid?ask information show the connection is made and I am logged in to the server.

imported post

Hi scjohn:

Thank you for your post.

Let's take a look at the following.

1. You mention from the log, that it says Open Tick : Connecting...

Does it ever say 'Connected'? Does the lower left corner of the Control Center turn green?

2. If yes, try the Historical Data > Reload function again. For interval, only try for tick or minute and test one at a time. More information can be found here:

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Reload.html

Best regards,

Ryan
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

The last messsage in the log is: OpenTick: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected.

Yes, the left most portion of the status bar is green and says: Connected - OpenTick.

After numerious attems to reload the historical data, I still have huge gaps in my 150 tick chart. for 05/01/07 by my last bar is at 2:05:57. My first bar for 05/02/04 is 11:54:59. My last bar is 1:39:27PM. My first bar for 05/03/07 is 8:54:01, then very next bar is 1:54:40 PM.

Now if I switch to a 1-minute chart for the same symbol, surprise, surpise all of the data appears on the chart. All of the overnight, all of the gaps, are filled in that do not appear on the 150 tick. Very strange.

Comment

imported post

Hello scjohn:

Thank you for your reply.

OpenTick provides historical data free of charge and is unfiltered data. Therefore, you may experience times when data is missing due to the data not being recorded to their servers or available for download.

As you mentioned, the minute data is successful. It appears there is missing data from the tick server.

Regards,

Ryan
        RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post wzgy0920  
        Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM