Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to reset a chart/delete old data?

Hi,

I've got one chart that refuses to display properly as of earlier today. Everything else is loading and working correctly.

If I right click on the chart and change the instrument, it displays correctly.

If I copy/paste and run the same workspace on a different computer, using the same provider (GAIN demo) it displays correctly. I have the Real-time tick filter enabled, and I've done a Repair DB, Reset DB and nothing.

Re-opening a new chart using the same template, displays correctly...so I'm able to "fix" the issue, but it'd be good to know what causes it so I can repair it in future without having to re-open a new chart, reposition it, etc.

Ideas?
    Attached Files

Hello Ninto,

I am not sure what causes the chart to extend its Y-axis to -1.40. What happens if you remove your indicators one by one?

Since the Y-axis is extended, the chart information is vertically compressed.

In addition, you can decompress the Y-axis as follows. Click and hold your left mouse button on the right side of the Y-axis and move upwards.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Sorry, I've since closed the chart and can't test indicator removal. All I had on there was 2 wma lines and a pivot indicator set to daily. I'm not sure what their auto-scale setting was.

Before I closed it as part of my own troubleshooting I did try and change the Y axis scale using the method you described, with no success.

Is it possible that maybe I had a bad tick in the chart database somewhere? I tried deleting the DB and re-opening, but had the same issue.

Comment

Hello Ninto,

A bad tick could be the cause for such behavior. It does fit as per the fact you were unable to modify the Y-axis; the highest high and lowest low will always be displayed in the chart.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Well it also fits the other symptoms - especially where changing the instrument would cause the chart to display correctly.

How does one delete the locally stored tick data for a specific chart?

Comment

Hi Ninto,

Thank you for your reply.

Historical data can be deleted using the procedure outlined at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Delete.html
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, will have a look at at that page.

Comment

Actually...now that I look at that page I realize that I did that procedure for the chart in question. It did not fix the issue.

Opening a new chart with the same instrument worked and displayed properly, even while the old broken chart was still open. Other charts that I had open at the time with the same, linked instrument did not show the same issue.

Comment

Hi Ninto,

Thank you for your reply.

To confirm, the issue is not present in newly created charts?
                  KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Confirmed

The issue is no longer present as I closed the chart in question and re-opened another chart with the same template and instrument and no longer saw the issue. I'm only updating this thread now in an attempt to help you troubleshoot the bug that caused the original problem.

I suppose that might be wasted effort given the NT 7 development, unless you re-used relevant NT 6.5 code in NT 7.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                    Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB