strategy position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy position

I think I have put this post on before and I have read over the strategy position on the website but I still have no idea to why this happens, especially because it happens very rarely. This morning I come in, turn 35 strategies on and 30 of them automatically come in with a strategy position and then they never end up firing. Can you guide me through this in trader lingo not coder?
    Thanks!
    Pete

Pete, this means those strategies are in a historical still open trade which is not yet finished. Either buy the needed amount manually to trade them from the moment you start, or wait until they are flat and take the next entry then - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tegiesTab.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK,
      Yesterday I was running the same strategies with the same securites and they exited on close. I guess I am going to wait until flat, am I going to have to make that trade by hand? I don't understand why this occurs, shouldn't it be that when you turn the strategy on it would take the next indicator as your trigger to enter the market?

Comment

Pete, you may need to work with a higher ExitOnClose seconds settings to give them more time to get the order across. Also, which mode are you using for the strategies setup? Wait Until Immediately live (according to the link I put in my previous post). Thanks

Comment

Can you explain the "higher ExitOnClose seconds settings" and how I will change that? Right now I am using "wait until flat before executing live" is that correct? Essentially all I want the system to do is execute the trade with the correct signal after I have turned the strategy on, I also exit on close at 3:50 pm every day. Seems pretty simple to me no?

Comment

Yes, Wait Until Flat is good then, it'll take then the next realtime generated entry signal. ExitOnClose seconds are set when you startup the strategy (Order Handling options) - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...romAChart.html

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by ursavent, Today, 12:54 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post ursavent  
            Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes