Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

two computers have different data. why is that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two computers have different data. why is that?

Hi there;

I have an interesting problem. I have two notebooks. When I run my Ninja trader demo account on them I see different result for the same period and currency pair.

-One of them is Toshiba, the other one is HP.
    -Both of them has legally downloaded Windows XP.
    -Both of them gets the data for Gain Capital through Ninja Trader's server. (I do not use Gain's server)
    -Ninja Trader demo account runs on both of them.
    -I have repaired and reset the DB on both of them. (several times.)
    -As far as I know everything is the same except one thing: On the first one I do not see the candles of the day: 2009.08.25. EURUSD.
    On the second one there is no missing candle or at least it seems that way.
    That would be nice if someone could explain to me why is that?

One thing is different. They have different internet providers. That would be the reason? I doubt that.

My second question: Is NinjaTrader Linux friendly? Can I run Ninja trader on a Linux server? if yes, is there any particular thing I need to be aware of?

thanks and regards

ternero
    Last edited by ternero; 08-27-2009, 12:56 AM.

ternero, have you tried reloading the historical data of the installation where the one day is completely missing? I don't believe the ISP makes a difference, but you can give a try and use the same one.

As you have only Reset the DB, did you try to rename it to start with a completey fresh DB on both?

Unfortunately we don't support running NinjaTrader on Linux, I believe there's emulation software for running Windows, but you're on your own here.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Thanks for your answer.

"As you have only Reset the DB, did you try to rename it to start with a completey fresh DB on both?"

No I did not, because I was not aware of this possibility.
      Could you please tell me step by step how to do it? Unfortunately I am not a geek and I see only "RepairDB", "ResetBD", "Account Grp" (what is that?, why is it for?), and "Reset Instruments" buttons.

As for the Linux, I am quite sad

Thanks and regards

ternero
      Last edited by ternero; 08-27-2009, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Same

Hi!

I have same problem as well.
        If I do not connect to NinjaServers for two weeks, then those data will missing and I cannot to anything to get back the missing day's data.

I had almaost two years historic data in the database, but after I renamed the mdb files, everything is lost of course. Since that, I am not able to get historical data from NT servers.

Is there anybody, who has experience for this problem? (ResetDB, ReapirDB not help, even on the chart right click "Reload Historical Data" item not selectable)
        How you can force download anytime historical data???

antaljani

Comment

ternero, you can start with a fresh DB by going to MyDocuments\NinjaTrader 6.5\db and renaming the NinjaTrader.mdb in for example NinjaTrader.Old.mdb.

Then restart NinjaTrader and it will recreate a fresh DB file.

Comment

antaljani, welcome to the forums!

Which connection / datafeed are you using?

Please try reducing your firewall rules to a min and restart NinjaTrader fresh then, as it seems you have connectivity issues reaching the historical data server (since your reload button is greyed out).

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your answers, I somehow managed to solve the previous problem (by clicking with the right mouse on the chart and reloading the data over and over again)
              Now, I have a new one:

Could anyone give me a hint about how to "enhance" my computer's "effeciency"?
              The words in qoutation marks are most probably not the right ones, I guess my computer's capacity cannot be "enhanced" what I1d like to know if there is any possibility to run NT more effectively (= thriftily) on it or not.
              My computer has a capacity of 232 GB. Out of those only 11.5 GB is engaged, so around 95 % of the full capacity is free. Still, the machine keeps freezing whenever I run a longer backtest (generally between 2006. 05.10 and today, on 5 minute charts)
              I fully aware of the fact that this is a large amount of data, but still it would be really appriciated if I were able to find any solution. (apart from buying another machine))

Thank you and I hope my question wasn't too stupid.

ternero

Comment

Hi,

See here for tips on performance improvement:
                Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by lorem, Yesterday, 09:18 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes