Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT Version 7.0 Improvement Suggestions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please pass along or recommend to your programmers, the following simple add on features that would be very helpful to traders (in protecting their accounts), and much appreciated in your version 7.0:

The following additional options for the 'Flatten all' function would be very useful:

1) You need to provide feature to "Flatten all at maximum loss". This is a 'must have' feature to help traders protect unmonitored ATM strategy! Similar to how the Ninja software allows a trader to flatten all positions at specific time, it would also be great to be able to have an input field to flatten all once a maximum loss (or profit) has been reached (i.e. if my account is ever up $XXXX or down $XXX, then flatten all orders, and quit for the day). That would be extremely helpful in protecting the trading account (or locking in profits). If even you could add one more input field to the profit target flatten all feature, it would be nice if a trader could even have a Profit Trigger (e.g. if Profits ever exceeds $3,000 then flatten all if profits drop down to $2,000... this allows profits to keep growing rather than just top out at a profit target, but also sets a lower bound for profits to decrease to before locking them in).

2) Also an a check mark option in the Flatten all if ever a tight protective stop gets skipped over, i.e. a True/False option to "Flatten all if ever there is an open position without a stop in place" Which could be extremely useful for when not watching over an ATM strategy, for example at high volatility times, ATM strategies with tight stops sometimes get an error message stating that 'a stop could not be placed above the market', and then the trader's position is naked, since no stop was placed. It would be an excellent failsafe feature for me to be able to tell the Ninja Trader SuperDom to recognize when I don't have a stop in place (because of whatever malfunction or flying market situation may have caused my stop to not be place or skipped over), and simply flatten all positions (as a protective measure).

It would be useful to set the NT software to enter an order after a specific time be able to submit an or

The following advanced customization features for the 'Reverse at Stop' function would be very useful, i.e. like there is custom options for the stops, if there was a 'Custom' choice for the 'Reverse at Stop' feature, the following would be great:

1) Give a box to check (or a True/ False choice) as an option to 'Reverse full quantity on last stop only'. This would allow the ability to have a portion of Reverse at Stop ATM strategy to be autotrailing profit takers, while maintaining the location that ideally the ATM strategy would reverse it's position at. i.e. if I have enabled 'Reverse at Stop' and I go long 10 contracts and have the stop for 5 contracts remain static at the point of entry, and have the other 5 contracts autotrail the profitable trade (the autotrailing stop also reverses my position, often at non ideal locations for such a reversal). It would be ideal to be able to set the Reverse at Stop feature so that it only reverses the full quantity (10 contracts) on the last (static) stop. So basically I could scale out with a portion of the contracts, but still have the full quantity of contracts reverse only at the outermost stop (the ideal reversal location), not reversing at the autotrailing stop. This would be a simple checkbox to offer traders, but very helpful.

2) Custom input field where a trader can set how many times the Reverse at Stop should perform a stop reversal, before turning the stop into a regular stop (i.e. after 3 reversals, stop doing the reversal at stop)... which allows the trader to select X times to reverse then no more (helps a trader's ATM strategy minimize getting chopped up in a heavily traded tight range situations)

3) Custom input field where a trader can set a "Plus:" field (like the Auto Breakeven strategy does), i.e. that lets the trader decide that when the Reverse at Stop is hit the ATM reverses the open position at the stop price plus/ minus X ticks... (this means that the stop is hit and exits but puts the reversal initiating stop x ticks from where the stop has been hit, which is different that a Stop Limit, which when hit puts the actual stop +/- however many ticks designated)

And a couple other miscellaneous suggestions:

It would be helpful if the 'Close at Time' feature was able to be set as a default to True (i.e. in the 'Properties' list of default setting, perhaps it could still be toggled on/off via the right mouse click dropdown menu). There's a lot of day traders that have ATM strategy flatten all positions before the close of the market, but because every time the NT software is restarted, it unchecks the 'Close at Time', sometimes you forget to make sure the 'Close at Time' is activated again- it would be helpful to simply be able to select this in the 'Properties' and set it to a default of True.

A trader can set a SuperDom so that it shows just the active Strategy (which allows a trader to trader different strategies on the same product), would be nice if you could also view just that particular SuperDom's cumulative PnL. Also to be able to fully disconnect that SuperDom(#1) from other SuperDom(#2)'s trading the same product (i.e. if I click the 'Close' button on one SuperDom(#1) it closes that SuperDom(#1) open positions, but if I click the 'Close' button a second time on SuperDom(#1), it will close all my positions on SuperDom(#2), which is really annoying.

Like you have a right mouse click dropdown menu choice of 'Close at Time' that a trader can check, it would be ideal (for certain ATM strategies ) to also have a choice of 'Enter at Time', such that a trader could select a strategy to be submitted (even at the current market location) but designate for the orders to be submitted at a certain time (i.e. this would allow a trader to submit a strategy after the market financial news, so that they don't get caught in the whipsaw movement after number is announced).

Thanks for your time and improvements..

Hello sev888,

I will forward all your suggestions to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Could it calculate bid and ask volume for the purpose of working with some indicator?

Also, will it tap into Googles intraday realtime comodity/stock volume?

Comment

You can see all improvements as per NinjaTrader 7 at the link below.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Have a look at this thread:

Originally posted by sev888 View Post

Please pass along or recommend to your programmers, the following simple add on features that would be very helpful to traders (in protecting their accounts), and much appreciated in your version 7.0:

The following additional options for the 'Flatten all' function would be very useful:

1) You need to provide feature to "Flatten all at maximum loss". This is a 'must have' feature to help traders protect unmonitored ATM strategy! Similar to how the Ninja software allows a trader to flatten all positions at specific time, it would also be great to be able to have an input field to flatten all once a maximum loss (or profit) has been reached (i.e. if my account is ever up $XXXX or down $XXX, then flatten all orders, and quit for the day). That would be extremely helpful in protecting the trading account (or locking in profits). If even you could add one more input field to the profit target flatten all feature, it would be nice if a trader could even have a Profit Trigger (e.g. if Profits ever exceeds $3,000 then flatten all if profits drop down to $2,000... this allows profits to keep growing rather than just top out at a profit target, but also sets a lower bound for profits to decrease to before locking them in).

2) Also an a check mark option in the Flatten all if ever a tight protective stop gets skipped over, i.e. a True/False option to "Flatten all if ever there is an open position without a stop in place" Which could be extremely useful for when not watching over an ATM strategy, for example at high volatility times, ATM strategies with tight stops sometimes get an error message stating that 'a stop could not be placed above the market', and then the trader's position is naked, since no stop was placed. It would be an excellent failsafe feature for me to be able to tell the Ninja Trader SuperDom to recognize when I don't have a stop in place (because of whatever malfunction or flying market situation may have caused my stop to not be place or skipped over), and simply flatten all positions (as a protective measure).

It would be useful to set the NT software to enter an order after a specific time be able to submit an or

The following advanced customization features for the 'Reverse at Stop' function would be very useful, i.e. like there is custom options for the stops, if there was a 'Custom' choice for the 'Reverse at Stop' feature, the following would be great:

1) Give a box to check (or a True/ False choice) as an option to 'Reverse full quantity on last stop only'. This would allow the ability to have a portion of Reverse at Stop ATM strategy to be autotrailing profit takers, while maintaining the location that ideally the ATM strategy would reverse it's position at. i.e. if I have enabled 'Reverse at Stop' and I go long 10 contracts and have the stop for 5 contracts remain static at the point of entry, and have the other 5 contracts autotrail the profitable trade (the autotrailing stop also reverses my position, often at non ideal locations for such a reversal). It would be ideal to be able to set the Reverse at Stop feature so that it only reverses the full quantity (10 contracts) on the last (static) stop. So basically I could scale out with a portion of the contracts, but still have the full quantity of contracts reverse only at the outermost stop (the ideal reversal location), not reversing at the autotrailing stop. This would be a simple checkbox to offer traders, but very helpful.

2) Custom input field where a trader can set how many times the Reverse at Stop should perform a stop reversal, before turning the stop into a regular stop (i.e. after 3 reversals, stop doing the reversal at stop)... which allows the trader to select X times to reverse then no more (helps a trader's ATM strategy minimize getting chopped up in a heavily traded tight range situations)

3) Custom input field where a trader can set a "Plus:" field (like the Auto Breakeven strategy does), i.e. that lets the trader decide that when the Reverse at Stop is hit the ATM reverses the open position at the stop price plus/ minus X ticks... (this means that the stop is hit and exits but puts the reversal initiating stop x ticks from where the stop has been hit, which is different that a Stop Limit, which when hit puts the actual stop +/- however many ticks designated)

And a couple other miscellaneous suggestions:

It would be helpful if the 'Close at Time' feature was able to be set as a default to True (i.e. in the 'Properties' list of default setting, perhaps it could still be toggled on/off via the right mouse click dropdown menu). There's a lot of day traders that have ATM strategy flatten all positions before the close of the market, but because every time the NT software is restarted, it unchecks the 'Close at Time', sometimes you forget to make sure the 'Close at Time' is activated again- it would be helpful to simply be able to select this in the 'Properties' and set it to a default of True.

A trader can set a SuperDom so that it shows just the active Strategy (which allows a trader to trader different strategies on the same product), would be nice if you could also view just that particular SuperDom's cumulative PnL. Also to be able to fully disconnect that SuperDom(#1) from other SuperDom(#2)'s trading the same product (i.e. if I click the 'Close' button on one SuperDom(#1) it closes that SuperDom(#1) open positions, but if I click the 'Close' button a second time on SuperDom(#1), it will close all my positions on SuperDom(#2), which is really annoying.

Like you have a right mouse click dropdown menu choice of 'Close at Time' that a trader can check, it would be ideal (for certain ATM strategies ) to also have a choice of 'Enter at Time', such that a trader could select a strategy to be submitted (even at the current market location) but designate for the orders to be submitted at a certain time (i.e. this would allow a trader to submit a strategy after the market financial news, so that they don't get caught in the whipsaw movement after number is announced).

Thanks for your time and improvements..

Comment

1) You need to provide feature to "Flatten all at maximum loss".
            I second this request!

I understand Mirus, as one example, does not offer the ability to liquidate position at a given max loss.... so perhaps this isn't broker connected and only active while NT is running. Even with that limitation it would still be a very desirable feature to have.

Please!!!

Comment

Strategy Wizard

I like to see improvement in Actions section
              1. To add Time assignment to variables.
              2. To add a tool to make arithmetic functions with the user defined variables.
              It appears scripting in NT is meant for advanced programmers. It should be quite flexible and laterally we should be able to accomplish all the functions through Strategy wizard with a handy help tool. I find scripting in Tradestation and Tradenavigator favours even a beginner.
              Most of the Forex trading platforms display PIP value to fifth decimal. SuperDOM displays to fifth decimal (or fractional PIP) but is not updated to fractional values in real time. There can be an area to display the fractional value along with the spread difference. When I choose the fractional PIP value to tenth, and since the spread is more the 2 PIP, many times the 25 columns of display is SuperDOM is not a comfortable choice for trading. So I prefer the Super DOM display in PIP along with an area that displays only the fractional PIP.
              Many Thanks for your time.

Comment

Hi malmaa,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum.

I will forward your suggestions on to my development team for further consideration.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by cliglahad
                  If you're interested in sharing your development cost, let me know and we can talk more.
                  Cliglahad may be a spammer. Working keywords in his signature links.

Keyworded links = suspicious.

Comment

Thanks. Deleted post, banned spammer.

Comment

Volatility-based stop management suggestion

would be very helpful. Dynamic stop placement would assist traders that do not adhere to fixed-tick stop strategies.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post zstheorist  
                      Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
                      8 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post rehmans