Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting/workspace issue

Hello,
    I recently started using the free licensed NinjaTrader software(version .11) with a demo ZenFire account with Amp Futures. Everything has worked flawlessly for weeks until today when my computer froze while connected to AMP. It was in the afterhours session though I had been connected all day. I had one workspace open containing 5 charts of the YM on different timeframes and a market analyzer open to record market data for replay on a few futures markets. I had to power down the computer to restart and when I reopened NT and reconnected to AMP, I opened my workspace and the "1,2 and 5 minute" charts opened fine, but the 15sec and 30 sec charts would not backfill any data from the day. They were blank and only showing current afterhours activity. The minute charts showed the backfilled data, just not the second charts. Also an error message popped up showing the following below:

"Error on loading chart data for 'YM 09-09 Globex': The provider could not determine the Object value. For example, the row was just created, the default for the Object column was not available, and the consumer had not yet set a new Object value."

This message also popped up several times for each market on the market analyzer, NQ, 6E, etc. Interestingly if I changed the instrument on my 15 or 30 sec chart to the ES or TF, the entire days' data shows up (backfills properly), but not for the YM or NQ.

Can you please help me resolve this issue? I have already tried reloading the historical data both from the chart window and from the control center. When I did this from the control center, NT froze up and I had to reboot. I have never had a problem with NT until today (3 weeks running all day everyday with a fresh reboot each morning).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello counterpoint,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.
    2.) Your trace file from today's date.
    You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.20090827.txt
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Follow-up

Hi All,
      I notice that on many threads that require users to email support, that we never get to find out how their problems were ultimately resolved. FYI, I was instructed to repair my database. If you have a similar problem, make sure you are disconnected from all feeds with no workspaces open. Go to Tools -options-Misc -Repair DB. After doing so, THEN connect to your broker/feed, open your workspace, and all should be well again. If you get a message saying your DB is corrupted and you need to reload Historical data, you can just right-click in the chart and reload historical data. Hope that helps!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
      8 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post JonesJoker  
      Started by timko, Today, 06:45 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post timko