Equities Volume charts not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equities Volume charts not working

Volume bar charts for equities does not seem to be working. It seems that multiple bars are forming before the number of shares have been traded. The first chart, a 1,000,000 volume bar chart of symbol IWM, shows about 65 bars between 9:30am and 10:00am (30 minutes), I am assuming this means 65 million shares have been traded in that 30 minutes.

But, the 2nd chart, a daily chart of IWM, shows that IWM only trades an average of 50 million shares a day in the past 4 months. How can the 1 million volume bar chart show 65 million shares traded in 30 minutes? This is not isolated, this behavior appears across the entire history of the chart.

Please reply
    Attached Files

Hello monpere,

Can you please tell me what data feed provider you are connected to in NinjaTrader.

What happens if you reload the historical data in the chart (right click chart-->Reload Historical Data)?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am connected to Barchart.com. Reloading the chart, or reloading historical data does not change the behavior.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello monpere,

Can you please tell me what data feed provider you are connected to in NinjaTrader.

What happens if you reload the historical data in the chart (right click chart-->Reload Historical Data)?

Comment

Hello monpere,

Do you have access to historical tick data with BarChart for the IWM. Upon testing on my end, I did not receive any histoircal tick data; only real-time data.

I suspect real-time volume data is multiplied by a hundred, which causes the many 1,000,000 volume bars.

Comment

No, I cannot get historical data either from Barchart.com. I opened a ticket about that last month, but NinjaTrader did not resolve that issue, and kept sending me back to Barchart.com, and Barchart.com says it is not their problem, so I gave up.

I cannot verify your suspicion about Barchart.com multiplying the volume data by 100. Barchart is an NT partner and NT supports their data feed, can you contact Barchart and verify how they send their volume information?

Please reply

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Hello monpere,

Do you have access to historical tick data with BarChart for the IWM. Upon testing on my end, I did not receive any histoircal tick data; only real-time data.

I suspect real-time volume data is multiplied by a hundred, which causes the many 1,000,000 volume bars.

Comment

Hello monpere,

I sent an email to BarChart inquiring to confirm my suspicion.

Once I receive a response back, I will let you know.

Comment

Hello monpere,

I just received a response from BarChart.

Can you please confirm the issue still persists; real-time volume data is multiplied.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes