Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E7(Emini Euro FX) is not displayed with TT feed

Hi
    I have recently changed over from Zenfire to TT as my datafeed and I can't chart the symbol E7. In the instrument editor E7 has the matching symbol of E7 for TT.
    I have tried changing the exchange but no joy.

Please can you help. I have attached a log extract...

01/09/2009 19:08:58|0|4|Error on loading chart data for 'E7 09-09 ECbot': NinjaTrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available.
    01/09/2009 19:08:58|3|4|MarketData request was rejected: unknown instrument (E7 09-09)
    01/09/2009 19:11:08|0|4|Error on loading chart data for 'E7 09-09 ECbot': NinjaTrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available.
    01/09/2009 19:11:08|3|4|MarketData request was rejected: unknown instrument (E7 09-09)
    01/09/2009 19:11:45|0|4|Error on loading chart data for 'E7 09-09 ECbot': NinjaTrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available.
    01/09/2009 19:11:45|3|4|MarketData request was rejected: unknown instrument (E7 09-09)
    01/09/2009 19:14:14|0|4|Error on loading chart data for 'E7 09-09 Globex': NinjaTrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available.
    01/09/2009 19:15:18|0|4|Error on loading chart data for 'E7 09-09 Globex': NinjaTrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available.
    01/09/2009 19:18:38|3|4|MarketData request was rejected: unknown instrument (E7 09-09)
    01/09/2009 19:18:59|3|4|MarketData request was rejected: unknown instrument (E7 12-09)

Thanks,

Suleman

Hello Suleman,

Thank you for your post.

That error indicates that there is no historical data for the E7 instrument. However, you can receive real-time data for that instrument.

If you go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and search for the E7 instrument and then hit the Edit button you will need to change the exchange for this instrument from Cme to Globex. Then hit OK twice to exit the instrument manager.

From there you can check to see if you are receiving real time data for the instrument by seeing if the price is displayed in the Control Center.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

I changed the exchange to Globex as you suggested but now I get the error..

"Error on loading chart data for 'E7 09-09 Globex' NinjaTrader data server does not support this instrument. no data available'

Thanks,

Suleman

Comment

Hello Suleman,

That error indicates that there is no historical data for the instrument.

With Zen-Fire historical data is provided using NinjaTrader's servers since Zen-Fire does not natively support historical data.

However, we do not record and provide historical data for all instruments, but only the most common instruments. The E7 contract is one where historical data is not provided.

However, you should be receiving live data for the instrument provided you are looking at the 09-09 contract. And when you open a chart you will receive the error you cited and then the chart will begin building bars that will be saved in your local database to be viewed later as historical data.

Please let me know if you are not receiving live data.

Comment

Thanks. I get you point now.

The error message is to be ignored. I can see the data bars building now...

BTW, I get historical data for ES, YM, 6E etc, I thought TT provided that, but it is NinjaTrader is that correct?

Thanks,

Comment

Hi,

Yes, with Zen-Fire you will receive historical data for those instruments you mentioned as they are the more commonly traded, and thus the data is stored as historical data on the NinjaTrader servers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes