chart stops moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart stops moving

This has happened twice. My chart stops moving. After I buy and it gets stopped out the chart stays where I was stopped out and does not move with the price any more. If I close the chart and reopen it is still stuck where the last close was made.

When I restate NT the sane ES chart comes back to the same place the last position was sold. I can no longer trade ES until this is fixed.
    Last edited by gator-trader; 09-02-2009, 05:06 AM. Reason: adding a comment

Hello gator-trader,

Could it be you experienced a disconnection? Please check if the lower left corner of the Control Center still states 'Connected - *connection name*' in green.

Re-connect to your data feed and check if you receive real-time data.

If not, please right click in the chart and select 'Format Data Series'. Ensure the current date is entered next to 'Last date' and click Ok.

Check if the chart receives real-time data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am connected

It is only happening on ES chart, the other charts are fine. I am connected and I checked it is still set at 35 min (format date series) it is even stuck on the same bar ... even after I closed NT and reopened. The ES is stuck at the same amount on the same bar.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello gator-trader,

Could it be you experienced a disconnection? Please check if the lower left corner of the Control Center still states 'Connected - *connection name*' in green.

Re-connect to your data feed and check if you receive real-time data.

If not, please right click in the chart and select 'Format Data Series'. Ensure the current date is entered next to 'Last date' and click Ok.

Check if the chart receives real-time data.

Comment

ALL charts Stopped

oops I am wrong. I the control panel is Green and says connected. But All charts are sitting still. None moving at all. What is happening?

Originally posted by gator-trader View Post
        It is only happening on ES chart, the other charts are fine. I am connected and I checked it is still set at 35 min (format date series) it is even stuck on the same bar ... even after I closed NT and reopened. The ES is stuck at the same amount on the same bar.

Comment

Can you please check if the current date is entered next to 'Last date' in the Format Data Series window of the charts.

In addition, what happens when you close the current chart and open up a new one.

Comment

restarted again

I restated again. Now ES is still stuck and so is YM, but ther NQ chart is moving. The other 2 are frozed from some time last night. In the ES Chart Trader and I can see the A and B positions moving, but not the chart.

This has happened twice. My chart stops moving. After I buy and it gets stopped out the chart stays where I was stopped out and does not move with the price any more. If I close the chart and reopen it is still stuck where the last close was made.

When I restate NT the sane ES chart comes back to the same place the last position was sold. I can no longer trade ES until this is fixed.

Comment

date

yes says 9/2/2009
              Closed chart - and opened a new one, removed all indicators and still stuck.
              the A. abd B. indicators in the Chart Trade window is moving, just not the chart it self.

Can you please check if the current date is entered next to 'Last date' in the Format Data Series window of the charts.

In addition, what happens when you close the current chart and open up a new one.

Comment

Please try the following. Restart NinjaTrader and close all charts and other windows except the Control Center.

Connect to your data feed and open up new charts and other windows. Check if each window loads its requested data.

Comment

happened before

this happened yesterday also. when it did I mistakenly entered a market order and the chart dropped all the way to the current positions and started moving again... until that trade ended.

Between that time and now I even removed NJ from my computer and reinstalled it.

yes says 9/2/2009
                  Closed chart - and opened a new one, removed all indicators and still stuck.
                  the A. abd B. indicators in the Chart Trade window is moving, just not the chart it self.

Comment

Can you please try the suggestion at post #8.

Let me know if this will not work for you.

Comment

Solved

I reset the properties on the charts and everything started working. I do not know what is set wrong but something in the property is / was causing it.

thank you for all your help.. really.

Can you please try the suggestion at post #8.

Let me know if this will not work for you.

Comment

session time

Session time - when I changed it to 9:30am open to 4:30 pm close session time the chart stopped.

I reset the properties on the charts and everything started working. I do not know what is set wrong but something in the property is / was causing it.

thank you for all your help.. really.

Comment

Hello gator-trader,

Please check the time on your PC clock and check if this is correct. If your PC clock lists a time outside this time frame, you will not receive any data.

Comment

My charts stopped at approximately 9:30 last night. I didn't shut the computer down. The charts are just the way I left them and no trades were made. This is the second time this happened. Yesterday, in the morning, I found the charts frozen. I had to restart the computer. Why is this happening? Actually it is frozen. My connection is green but all that happens is the computer chimes any time I click on anything Ninja Trader.
                            Last edited by naftali; 12-01-2020, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I suspect this is a function of your Trading Hours template, which will not plot data outside of the timeframes specified. Right click on the chart> Data Series> change the Trading Hours template to Default 24/7. This will display all available data on the chart.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
                              Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rocketman7  
                              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                              2 responses