preferred stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

preferred stock

In my symbol list I am importing I have various preferred stocks. Ameritrade handles this preferred with a - before the letter. So Jpm-e would be a symbol. But Ninja trader doesnt recognize this and says its invalid or not formatted correctly.

Is there a way around this problem of importing preferred stock symbols using ameritrades symbol?

Thanks
    Rick

Hello riccja,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, preferred stocks are not supported.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

preferred stocks

Actually they do come up since there are many preferreds that do not require the - sign. I would think it would be a simple matter to allow market analyzer to not kick out a symbol with that in it.

The symbol jpm-e comes up in the control panel. so it appears its just a quirk with the programming of market analyzer.

Your software is perfect...except for this one quirk! Any chance it could be corrected.

Rick

Comment

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your reply and the clarification.

I will forward this to my development team for further consideration.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

preferred stock

I did some checking on real time data and yahoo has real time data for 14.00 a month. There preferred symbol is in a format recognized by Market Analyzer. Jpm.e instead of jpm-e that ameritrade has.

I noticed ninja supports yahoo delayed quotes....Does it support yahoo real time also? In addition is there any chance that the bug in Market Analyzer will be fixed anytime soon to recognize the Jpm-e format since it does in the control panel.

Thanks

Rick

Comment

Hello Rick,

Unfortunately it does not include the real-time feed. The Yahoo connection only supports historical end-of-day data for equities.

I tested the JPM-E instrument on my end, while connected to TD AMERITRADE and received data.
            Attached Files
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

jpm-e

Jason,

Thanks that is very encouraging. It appears that you can manually add the preferred stocks that have the - symbol in there name but you cannot create a symbol list with them in it so that you can import the list into the Market Analyzer.

When trying to put into a list to import you get the following message:

The following symbols are either invalid or your import file is not formatted correctly. Please correct the problem retry.

That should be a simple fix on your end since it appears to be a bug in the program.

But in the meantime I can manually put these symbols into the program....which is great!!!!

Rick

Comment

Hello Rick,

I tested an instrument list as well, however it only contained the JPM-E stock, but I did not receive the error message.

Could you perhaps name a few other instruments that use similar format.

Could it be the instrument names contain spaces or other symbols?

Comment

import

No matter what symbol I use I get that error message.

I click on file...then utilities...then import stock symbols...then type in the symbol and click ok....i then get that error message. But only when I type in a symbol with the - character.

Is that the same method in which you are entering the symbols?

Rick

Comment

Historical Data

Jason,

I manually put in all the symbols for the preferred stocks and get quotes on them all in market analyzer. I notice however that i get historical quotes on every but these symbols?

Most of these are listed on the nyse. Do you happen to know of a reason why historical quotes would come up for everything but these symbols?

The ameritrade feed is on and working.

Rick

Comment

I was not referring to importing a stock instrument list via File-->Utilities-->Import Stock Symbol List. I was referring to importing an instrument list in the Market Analyzer.

Unfortunately this is as expected upon importing a stock symbol list; '-' cannot be used.

I am not sure; do you have access to historical data for these stocks with TD AMERITRADE?

Comment

prefered stock

The prefered stock is the best way if you want updates of descriptive information, current dividend dates, ratings, dividend tax information, historical prices, and analytic calculations also.You can check your share online by the help of this system.This is the best system for the online stock exchange updates.
                        Last edited by jack123; 06-29-2012, 04:17 AM. Reason: wrong text

Comment

The following symbols are either invalid or your import file is not formatted correctly. Please correct the problem retry.They are categorized in the list of preferred stock list. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Waxavi
                          by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes