iqfeed issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iqfeed issues

I had a complete computer meltdown and had to start from scratch. I reinstalled Vista and Ninja. It looks like Ninja will load the 30 days of historical tick minus the previous day. See screen shot for error dialogue. I have to say I had this problem before but restarting ninja or repairing the data base always seemed to remedy it. Any help would be appreciated!

thx
    Attached Files
    Last edited by thehaul; 09-02-2009, 10:56 PM.

30 min chart.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello thehaul,

It seems there is data for 9/1/2009, but only one price candle. It is the second candle, since it is plotted on a day break line.

What happens if you right click the chart and select 'Reload Historical Data'?

If that does not load all requested data, please close the current chart and open up a brand new one.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unfortunately, these are new charts. Every time I right click and reload the historical data the loading data box comes up but nothing happens and I have have to force quit the program.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
        Hello thehaul,

It seems there is data for 9/1/2009, but only one price candle. It is the second candle, since it is plotted on a day break line.

What happens if you right click the chart and select 'Reload Historical Data'?

If that does not load all requested data, please close the current chart and open up a brand new one.

Comment

Hello thehaul,

Please try the following steps. Restart NinjaTrader and check if you have workspaces running in the background and close them. Go to File-->Workspace, select each workspace listed below 'Save Workspace As' and close it (File-->Workspaces-->Close workspace).

Repeat this process until you only have one workspace opened.

Subsequently, close all windows except the Control Center.

Connect to IQFeed and create a new chart. Check if all requested data is loaded.

Comment

It looks like it is only an issue with the continuous contract. Not sure why but the normal ES 9-09 contract loads fine

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
            Hello thehaul,

Please try the following steps. Restart NinjaTrader and check if you have workspaces running in the background and close them. Go to File-->Workspace, select each workspace listed below 'Save Workspace As' and close it (File-->Workspaces-->Close workspace).

Repeat this process until you only have one workspace opened.

Subsequently, close all windows except the Control Center.

Connect to IQFeed and create a new chart. Check if all requested data is loaded.

Comment

Can you please check how much historical data the ES ##-## chart requests. Right click the chart and select Format Data Series window.

Limit the amount of histoircal data and check if the chart will load with data.

If not, please remove any applied indicator and check once more.

In addition, please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and remove the current ES ##-## from the default instrument list. Subsequently add the ES ##-## back and check if this will make a difference.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post mmckinnm  
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:32 PM
              0 responses
              1 view