Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to verify License

Hi,

i connecting to the internet via a automatic configuration script. i also tried to specify the proxy server and port directly. I always become the error message: "Failed to verify License".

There comes no popup to input username/password!?!?

Is there a way to specify these settings in NT?

thanks
    mario

Hello Mario,

The error indicates NinjaTrader cannot connect to its license server to verify the license you have entered. Please check for software such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software that could be blocking NinjaTrader. In some cases the modem/router has built-in software that prevents the connection to be established.

NinjaTrader itself connects to standard web address via HTTP protocol through whatever port is defined for internet browsing on the target PC (Port 80 by default) to connect to its license server.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

at home there is no problem to connect to the license server, in office i become the error message. the only difference is, that in office i connect through a proxy to the internet. in the firewall settings NT is allowed to communicate turough the firewall. i have also set the "<proxy usesystemdefault="True"/>".

Comment

Have you try a reboot and restart of NinjaTrader?

If the issue persist, please send me an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com including the license you have entered.

Please reference this thread and put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Connect NT through firewall

I'm not able to connect to the NT license server as my computer is connected through a secure firewall.

Error messages:
          When NT is starting up: Failed to verify license. Please try again in a few miutes.

When trying to connect to a data feed: Login failed: Unable to read server IP addresses: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has...

What are the settings I need to pass to the administrator of the firewall to let him open it for NT and its "basic" data feed connections (Kinetick EOD, Yahoo!)?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hello there,

Curious: Although you cannot access the license server, can you get to our website by going to Help--> Download site or Help--> Trade live?

What about other resources such as Help--> Facebook/Twitter/Youtube?

To resolve:

NT licenses, vendor license files and a server based configuration file are downloaded per HTTP and HTTPS from:

- License Servers:
            NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!

* IP - 74.200.197.238
            * Ports - 80 & 443

* IP - 64.38.21.160
            * Ports - 80 & 443

- Historical Data Servers

* DS1 - 64.202.118.132
            * DS2 - 64.202.118.144
            * DS3 - 64.202.118.179
            * DS4 - 64.202.118.180

port = 31654
            Note: these IPs are subject to change at anytime without notice.

Here are the current URLs that would need to be added to bypass any firewall issue when connecting to Kinetick:
            *.interquote.com
            MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

That was fast! Thanks.
              The answer is positive for both of your questions.
              I will let you know whether the issue will be solved after sharing the settings with the admin.

Thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Tim-c, Today, 10:58 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Tim-c
              by Tim-c

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
              3 responses