ZenFire lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOMC and NT 6.5 No bueno LOL

I am really glad I saw this thread. I went and bought a new Quad Core with 8 gigs of RAM and my ZF feed completely locked up for 3 minutes after FOMC announcement. I noticed this last week and asked to be put in beta and was denied. Please Ray this is costing me money. Please allow me beta access. I understand it's beta, my buddy has been running it now for awhile with no problems at all. BTW my internet is 25 down and 4 up with 32 ms latency from Denver to Chi so that's not the problem at all.

Comment

Regarding time synch I recommend D4 thinking man, I synch every minute. http://www.thinkman.com/dimension4/

Comment

Where do we get NT7 from?
        I would like to try it.

Comment

Ray posted this yesterday, you might want to try again.

Comment

Originally posted by VTtrader View Post
            http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=22190
            Thanks for your prompt reply VTrader.

Done! I have emailed and now waiting response.

Also, can you tell me if ATM is free. If so, how do I access it.
            I am a free user.

Could you also tell me why I can't load any stocks for Aus "SPI" charts.
            I chose is it in the Intrument manager, but when I create a new chart from the control panel, I get black chart.

Thanks again.

Comment

http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=22190
              Thanks sent will wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by mike12nv View Post
                Thanks for your prompt reply VTrader.

Done! I have emailed [email protected] and now waiting response.

Also, can you tell me if ATM is free. If so, how do I access it.
                I am a free user.

Could you also tell me why I can't load any stocks for Aus "SPI" charts.
                I chose is it in the Intrument manager, but when I create a new chart from the control panel, I get black chart.

Thanks again.
                Because ZF, I don't believe, provides data for that market. You need to get a data feed provider add it to instrument with the correct mapping.

Comment

At 11am yesterday U.S time, my ninja trader crashed for no apparent reason.
                  I checked the log files and this is what I noticed "Session Break"
                  11/18/2009 10:56:22 AM|1|4|Current license: Type=Regular State=Verified StartDate=4/23/2006 EndDate=12/30/2099 Collective2 Dtn ESignal External OpenTick Provider2 Replay Simulator Yahoo Gain Hosted BasicEntry Charting LiveTrading SuperDom DataConnection
                  11/18/2009 11:01:16 AM|1|4|Verifying license at primary server...
                  11/18/2009 11:01:20 AM|2|4|Session Break (Version 6.5.1000.14)
                  11/18/2009 11:01:20 AM|1|4|Current license: Type=Regular State=Verified StartDate=4/23/2006 EndDate=12/30/2099 Collective2 Dtn ESignal External OpenTick Provider2 Replay Simulator Yahoo Gain Hosted BasicEntry Charting LiveTrading SuperDom DataConnection

I sat and waited 10 mins and then shut down and tried restarted.
                  No avail
                  Could you please investigate and advise.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by mike12nv View Post
                    At 11am yesterday U.S time, my ninja trader crashed for no apparent reason.
                    I checked the log files and this is what I noticed "Session Break"
                    11/18/2009 10:56:22 AM|1|4|Current license: Type=Regular State=Verified StartDate=4/23/2006 EndDate=12/30/2099 Collective2 Dtn ESignal External OpenTick Provider2 Replay Simulator Yahoo Gain Hosted BasicEntry Charting LiveTrading SuperDom DataConnection
                    11/18/2009 11:01:16 AM|1|4|Verifying license at primary server...
                    11/18/2009 11:01:20 AM|2|4|Session Break (Version 6.5.1000.14)
                    11/18/2009 11:01:20 AM|1|4|Current license: Type=Regular State=Verified StartDate=4/23/2006 EndDate=12/30/2099 Collective2 Dtn ESignal External OpenTick Provider2 Replay Simulator Yahoo Gain Hosted BasicEntry Charting LiveTrading SuperDom DataConnection

I sat and waited 10 mins and then shut down and tried restarted.
                    No avail
                    Could you please investigate and advise.

thanks

Hello mike12nv,

Thank you for your post.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                    1.) A link to this forum thread.
                    2.) Your most current trace file.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
                    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninja 6.5 lag

Great Job on NT7 performance enhancements Ray and all!

Just had my first ES open with NT7 using the TickTimePlot indicator and the improvement is remarkable. In the past it was showing lags up to 16 seconds on the open, see the attached picture for the results with NT7.

Pre-open there is one spike (about 2.5 senonds) when I loaded an indicator in another chart prior to the open. The generally higher values prior to the open are due to the fact that with slower price action, there is no way to tell if the first tick of the second was at +0 ms or +999 ms. Once the market is open and the ticks are coming faster, you're more likely to have the first tick of the second being closer to +0 ms.

Average lag using NT7 when the market is open is averaging around .2 seconds. A major improvement!

Glad to report such good news.

VT
                      Originally posted by dandxg View Post
                      I am really glad I saw this thread. I went and bought a new Quad Core with 8 gigs of RAM and my ZF feed completely locked up for 3 minutes after FOMC announcement. I noticed this last week and asked to be put in beta and was denied. Please Ray this is costing me money. Please allow me beta access. I understand it's beta, my buddy has been running it now for awhile with no problems at all. BTW my internet is 25 down and 4 up with 32 ms latency from Denver to Chi so that's not the problem at all.

These two posts confirm, for me at least, that the lag we're experiencing is not from Zen-fire but from Ninja 6.5. Looking forward to NT7!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post FrancisMorro  
                      Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                      10 responses
                      0 likes