Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Editing NinjaScript function blocked by license?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing NinjaScript function blocked by license?

Can someone please explain to me the logic of blocking the Edit Ninjascript functionality on a non-ATM enabled LIVE license (for which NT presumably received at least SOME compensation from the issuing broker, correct me if I'm wrong) versus a totally FREE SIM license which gives me full Edit NinjaScript functions???

When I plug in a free SIM license, I can edit my Ninjascripts.... When I reinstall my LIVE license from my broker (AMP/Dorman) the "Edit NinjaScript" options disappear and I cannot edit my NinjaScripts... This makes no sense to me whatsoever... Please adivse, thanks.

Hello Pipskateer,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaScript functions (including indicator and strategy development and backtesting) are blocked in the NinjaTrader direct version. In order to access these functions without having to enter the free version license, you would need to lease or purchase the software. I have included more information about our lease and purchase options below.

Purchase Options - Single Broker
    The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
    • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $995
    • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $299
    • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $50 per month
    Learn more about our purchase options!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

With respect Kyle,

You aren't answering the WHY portion of my question. Why would you make customers who are generating revenue for your company by using your paid product to receive LESS functionality than a user with a FREE SIM license?

I am not "developing" anything...I just need to compile an indicator .cs file that was freely shared by another NT user. And in order to do so, my live license must be jettisoned, another license key installed, then a never-ending shutdown and reboot must take place. Then to trade live again, I must reverse the whole process. Give me a break... This is a petty, needless dis-service to your clients.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello Pipskateer,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaScript functions (including indicator and strategy development and backtesting) are blocked in the NinjaTrader direct version. In order to access these functions without having to enter the free version license, you would need to lease or purchase the software. I have included more information about our lease and purchase options below.

Purchase Options - Single Broker
      The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
      • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $995
      • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $299
      • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $50 per month
      Learn more about our purchase options!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We will consider them. Unfortunately we are not in the position to disclose the reasoning behind our business decisions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        172 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post sidlercom80  
        Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Irukandji