Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade same symbol in different simulation accounts

Hi,

I’m using at the moment Ninjatrader for simulation / strategy testing. I would like to trade several strategies on the same symbol, and to have separate performance reporting. However, my strategies are adjusted, stops and targets, based on market volatility, although they are "in theory" the same strategy, while for Ninjatrader they become separate strategies when I adjust the parameters. Hence, to achieve separate reporting, I would like to separate them by different "accounts", so I can make one account for each "strategy type". However, the Account drop-down is not selectable in the superdom ?

I've seen these threads about selecting different ATM strategies (thread1, thread2), but as explained, that will not help.

Is it possible to select different accounts in two (or more) superdoms for same symbol? (in a simulation environment)

Many thanks!
    Simon

Hello Simon,

You can create additional simulation accounts with a live license only. Unfortunately, the free license is limited to trade the sim101 account only.

However, you could create two ATM templates with a different name, but the same functionality.

The 'Strategy' column in the Account Performance-->Trades-tab will list trade information per ATM strategy when 'Group trades by ATM strategy' is enabled upon generating a report. More information can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      However, you could create two ATM templates with a different name, but the same functionality.
      Indeed, you made me see a solution. I was using several ATM strategies with different stop/target levels for each of my strategies. However, instead I should just use one ATM strategy for each symbol/strategy, and when changing targets/stops, simply change the parameters and save it under the same/original name. That means I have to adjust the parameters manually, but this should be ok for my current testing, as I don't change them too often.

Thanks for the assistance and quick response!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Leafcutter  
      Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post WHICKED