Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error warning Message

Hi,
    I recieve a pop up warning box it says "You have custom Ninjascript files on your PC that have programming errors.These errors must be solved before you can import a ninjascript archive file."
    what should i do? how can i find problem???
    Thanks

Hello mark1340,

The error indicates your current NinjaScript files contain errors, which need to resolved first before you can import new NinjaScript files.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling any indicator or strategy. This will allow you to debug the indicator/ strategy or remove it from your PC. If you’re wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator or strategy, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies. Not just one.
    1. Open NinjaTrader
    2. From the Control Center -> Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator
    3. Select an indicator and double click on it.
    4. A new window will appear and you will need to right click and compile the indicator.
    5. At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations. Double click the error and you will be directed to the location of the error.
    6. From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it. You can delete NinjaScript files via Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicator/Strategy, highlight it and select Delete
    You can find general debug information at the link below.

In addition, you can try the following workaround as well. Note that you will lose all custom and third party NinjaScript files.

Create a backup file with 'NinjaScript files' unchecked(!).

Uninstall NinjaTrader via the Windows Control Panel-->Add/Remove Programs (XP), Programs and Features (Vista).

Delete the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5 folder. Do not delete the NinjaTrader backup folder(!).

Clear your browser cache and download and install NinjaTrader 6.5 at the link below.

Restore your settings.

You should now be able to import new NinjaScript files.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,
      Many thanks. Your Information helped me to solve the problem.

Take Care,
      Mark

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post Jon17
      by Jon17