Orders not accepted by IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders not accepted by IB

I have established a connection with IB. I have tried to place stop orders (stocks) for the following instruments SKF, URE, SRS, UYG.
    All are identically mapped (exchanges: ARCA, Default) (connections: Barchart.com and IB).

The issue surfaced on Thursday when I tried to place an order from my strategy. Since then I have only attempted to place the orders manually, always with the same outcome.

Orders are accepted by IB for SRS and URE, but not for SKF and UYG. In the two negative cases I am left with "PendingSubmit" which sounds like IB is not responding to the request (?).

On the two orders that are successful, I log entries that acknowledge I am placing the orders outside trading hours. The orders are accepted and placed. Nothing logged on the other two orders.

I placed an order on TWS for SKF, it was accepted and placed. The order was picked up by NT and appeared on the order page. I canceled the order on NT and the cancellation was processed by IB.

I am using NT 6.5.1000.12 and TWS 895.3

Thanks for your help.

Hello sharpie,

Please set the exchange to Nyse for the SKF and UYG and check if the issue persists.

JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Same thing. I tried it with (ARCA, NYSE, Default) then with just (NYSE and Default).

Also, when I have PendingSubmit I try and cancel the order and it is ignored (status does not change).

Thanks

Comment

Proshare ETFs list on the NYSE, but trade on ARCA. All of the instruments mentioned are Proshare ETFs. TWS places the trades via "SMART" to ARCA.

Comment

Hello sharpie,

You are correct, please have the Arca exchange selected as per these stocks.

Could you please check if the issue persists tomorrow and let me know.

Comment

I'll try it first thing tomorrow AM when the markets open.

Comment

Same thing. Orders accepted for SKF and URE. PendingSubmit for SRS and UYG (orange).

I lost connection with IB for a few seconds, then the status for SRS and UYG changed to unknown.

I contacted IB, but they were of little help.

Comment

Sorry, orders accepted for SRS and URE. Pending Submit for SKF and UYG.

Comment

Hello sharpie,

Are you connected to BarChart as well when the orders remain in a pendingsubmit status? Does the issue persists when solely connected to IB?

Do you receive real-time data for the SKF and UYG in NinjaTrader?

Comment

I have been connected to Barchart throughout the session.

I receive real time data for all of the instruments.

How interesting. I disconnected Barchart. IB feed is coming through for the two stocks that were accepted, but nothing for SKF and UYG. I went on TWS and brought up SKF and UYG on the TWS screen and data is coming through for both SKF and UYG (but not making it through to NT).

Comment

Hello sharpie,

Can you please create screenshots of the Definition and Misc tabs for either the SKF or UYG. Go to Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit.

Comment

Screen shots for SKF.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello sharpie,

Please try the following steps. Restart NinjaTrader and delete the current SKF in the Instrument Manager. Highlight it in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Delete.

Connect to IB. In the Control Center-->Orders-tab, please set 'Type' to 'Stock'. Type 'SKF' in the 'Name' field and hit Enter. Check if you receive data.

If so, please check if you can submit orders.

Comment

Bizarre! I did the following, in order. Deleted SKF from the instrument list. Deleted SKF from the Master list. Disconnected from IB. Exited and restarted NT. Added SKF to the master list in the instrument panel. Feeds from Barchart and IB; Arca and Default exchanges. I did not add SKF back to my instrument list.

Connected to IB. From orders tab, set to stock, entered SKF and hit enter. Eureka! The feed came through and I was able to enter an order and have it accepted.

That said, UYG is okay as well. I did not touch anything with respect to UYG. Must have been the majic fairy touch.

So, all's well that ends well, I guess. Thank you for your help. Hoping it does not reoccur. I'll make it a practice of checking the IB feed on any stocks I intend to trade. I place my positions through strategies almost exclusively.

JM

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
                            9 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                            Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
                            7 responses
                            1 like