Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy CPU load with crosshair

Hi,

Sometimes I get even 48% of CPU load on my Core2Duo (E8200), with simple crosshair (ctrl-q) on. Nothing changes if I remove all indicators from the chart. But sometimes it is back to normal 1-2% load (while moving the crosshair on the chart up and, down, back and forth like madman).
    What can cause this fluctuation?

Thanks in advance.

Hello Zapzap,

I am not sure why there is such a change as per your CPU load. I suggest to check what steps result in the CPU spike.

In addition, instructions to reduce resource request can be found below.

Check if you are running workspaces in the background (these will request data & resources as well) and close them. Please go to File-->Workspaces and close all workspaces listed below "Save Workspace As" except the Default workspace. Select the workspace and go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace.

Close some charts, SuperDOM's or other NinjaTrader windows. Reduce the amount of indicators in your charts or set 'Calculate on bar close' to True. Reduce the amount of historical data in your charts by configuring the Format Data Series window.

More tips can be found at the following link.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

I had closed all workspaces, I had one default chart on the default workspace alone, without any indicators, when I tested the issue, and posted my question after these steps.

This CPU load is only present with crosshair on, I'll try to find some clue then, and post here if I found out anything.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin  
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888