Ninja Disconnects my internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Disconnects my internet

For some reason ninjatrader keeps disconnecting the whole home network from the internet. To reconnect I turn off/on the router and modem. The reason I think NT is dropping the internet is because the internet has only dropped when NT has been running for 10-20 minutes.

I normally do not have this problem but for the past week I have been trading from a different location and the internet configuration does not seem to work favorably with NT.

I was wondering if NT support had any suggestions like port forwarding or some other router config. I am running AT&T Dynamic IP DSL and the trading computer is connected via ethernet cable.
    Last edited by cipher4d; 09-08-2009, 09:32 AM.

Hello cipher 4D,

Thank you for your post.

We realize that lost connections can be frustrating. A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API wil continuously try to re-establish a connection.
    Common reasons that contribute to connection stability are:
    • ISP issues
    • Hardware firewall changing IP addresses frequently
    • Dynamic IP addresses changing frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week buy you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, requesting a static IP address may help.
    • With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections (10 programs making socket connections through the internet) Windows will randomly shut down some connections
    • Broker/market data servers may be experiencing temporary downtime

If you check the above list and use it as a guideline for troubleshooting issues regarding your internet connection, then it should be possible to remedy these lost connections.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Felix Reichert, Today, 02:12 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Felix Reichert  
    Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
    0 responses