Sim Acct balance vs. Net Profit figure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sim Acct balance vs. Net Profit figure

I can't quite figure out why there is a discrepancy between the stated Sim Acct balance (101043.96) and the Net Profit figure in Acct Performance (2479.00). I have made 49 trades and I have made sure that the Acct Performance statistics were generated from day one. How can I reconcile this? Thanks.

Hello modernmind,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please post some screenshots of your account performance tab as well as the accounts tab where you are seeing the account total. I look forward to helping you resolve this issue.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sim Acct balance vs. Net Profit figure (attachments)

Attachments as requested.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the screenshots.

Can you please confirm if you have ever reset the simulator by going to Tools-->Options-->Simulator-->Reset, because if you have without deleting the data then this may account for the discrepancy.

However, if not, please go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-->Repair DB. Then close NinjaTrader and then regenerate the report.

Comment

numbers still not correlated...hmmm

Well, I repaired the database (several times). I do not have any trades open at the moment. I now have 50 trades that have occurred. Though I will say that when repairing the database a message shows that 83 executions in the database were recognized. The acct balance is now: 100914.16 The Account Performace Total Net Profit is: 2349.20 (which I believe is accurate). I'd rather not reset the account unless I have to.

Comment

Hi,

Can you please go to Help-->Mail to Support and send a ticket to support in that manner with ATTN RyanO in the subject line. Included in that email can you please make sure that log and trace files is checked as well as database file.

I will then use those files to test the issue.

Comment

Still not copacetic...hmmm

Hello RyanO

Sent email, have you received it?

CH

Comment

Hello,

I received two emails from you and responded to both. It's possible that they were marked as Spam. I have included the instructions from those emails in this thread as well.

Can you please go to Tools-->Options-->Simulator-->Reset. When resetting the simulator please make sure the option that reads 'Clear history' is unchecked so you maintains the orders you have made, but it will reset the simulator value to the beginning value defined on that same tab. Then when you generate a report for trades made tomorrow please let me know if there is a discrepancy between the accounts tab value and the account performance values. Please let me know the outcome of the reports for tomorrow, and when running the reports please make sure you do not include the previous days. Start your reports from tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post DayTradingDEMON  
                Started by navyguy06, Today, 09:28 AM
                0 responses