Collapse

Reload Historical Data option unavailable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also noticed it happened a few times today but mostly in a short period of time.

"Connection to NinjaTrader historical market data server lost: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"
    and "Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.132/31654): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond".

Maybe there is a consistency issue of the system.

Comment

Reload Historical Data grayed out

This happened to me today.

I use amp/live/zenfire, and am on v6.5.1000.13 (live)

I opened my charts and no overnight bars were drawn, so I went to try to Reload Historical Data, but it was grayed out. To clear this trouble, I had to restart Ninja.

My wife uses amp/demo/zenfire and v6.5.1000.12 demo, and she had the same trouble today.

Does this sound like a zenfire problem, since it's not isolated to one computer, or a Ninja problem, since we're both using Ninja?

Under what conditions will the Reload Historical Data be grayed out?

Comment

Hi,

Can you check if in your set up you still have the Historical Data server checked.

We've also received some similar reports earlier this morning and all are back up again without doing anything.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
          Hi,

Can you check if in your set up you still have the Historical Data server checked.

We've also received some similar reports earlier this morning and all are back up again without doing anything.
          My Amp Trading acct connection has the Historical Data enabled. I have never changed this setting since I built it months ago.

What could cause multiple zenfire/ninja users to simultaneously experience the same grayed out Reload Historical Data link?

What could cause an individual user to have a grayed out Reload Historical Data link?

Comment

Hello tomgilb,

Thank you for your reply.

A server outage could cause this for multiple users.
            A piece of software (firewall, anti-virus, etc) blocking NinjaTrader from connecting to it's historical data server could cause an outage for a single user.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, my problem with the error "Unable to connect to NinjaTrader data server (64.202.118.132/31654)" still exists. Neither reinstalling NT nor turning off anti-virus/spyware helped. Is there any other possibility what to try to do?

Comment

What version do you have installed? Our current release is V6.5.1000.14 which you can check under Help--> About.

If you don't have this version please upgrade to this version, reboot and see if you can connect again.

If you need to upgrade you can do this on top of your existing version. Under the Help menu you will have a download option.
                Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I have the latest version. The data is from Zen-Fire.

Comment

Could it be you are connected to the internet via a router? If so, please try connecting your PC directly to your modem and check if the issue persists.

Something on your end is blocking the connection to the historical data server, which is accessed by IP 64.202.118.132 and Port 31654.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, I am and that's probably why it doesn't work. I absolutely forgot to consider it. I'm going to speak to a person who provides the Internet in this building. Thank you for help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                      15 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post xiinteractive  
                      Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB