X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charting or connection problem

Hi
    I am having problems with NT charting.
    All was well until 12 pm London time this morning. Then Esignal (and obviously NT) stopped updating. I started them both again as usual and now I have the following: problems:
    a) Dax 1 min and 3 min charts are blank..
    b) All other charts are updating, but the taskbar (where you set the time frame, candle/OHLC, zoom etc). is blocked: nothing happens when I click on it
    c) Funny thing, the tick chart of Dax works (apart from the taskbar, of course)

The charts seem to be OK when I do not connect NT to eSignal. It may be a matter of updating most recent data?

Could you please help?

Ah, I have tried to use the mail to support feature on the help menu, but it does not work.
    Thanks

gretrader, please ensure you're on the latest 6.5.1000.13 NinjaTrader release, if not, you can upgrade via Help > Download Site.

Next, please disconnect from eSignal and go to Tools > Options > Misc and Repair the DB - then reconnect and recheck the charts for consistency.

If this does not help you out, please disconnect and close down NinjaTrader. Then go to MyDocuments\NinjaTrader 6.5\workspaces and move the xml files present there to another folder.

Then restart NinjaTrader, reconnect and see if the charts populate well now.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your promyt reply.
      I have downloaded NT latest version (I had .9), I have repaired the DB, and I have moved the xml workspaces files into another folder. So I have had to re-do my workspace and charts. Luckily I keep templates.
      The charts seem to work OK now, but I have a gap in the data from sep 08 until this morning for all charts. So I have the right data from today, but nothing behind until 8 Sep.
      Any way to adjust this?
      Thank you

Comment

Did you already try to right click in the charts > Reload Historical data to fill the gap you see?

Comment

Of course I did not!....
          But I did right now and it worked, I should have thought of that one myself!
          Thank you very much for your help.
          Regards

PS: Should I just throw away the xml files that I have moved? what is the use for them in the new folder?

Comment

You're welcome, no it was just for backup purposes, but since we determined those were causing the issue, you can just delete them...

Comment

Thank you very much again. Perhaps this was an easy one, but to me this is excellent support.

Comment

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
                115 responses
                1 like
                Last Post kevinenergy  
                Started by prdecast, Today, 06:07 AM