Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQ Feed + Zen Issue

Hey NT team,

I've recently subscribed to the DTN IQ feed to complement my Zenfire connection.

When I connect to Zen only, all is as expected.

When I connect to IQ only, all is as expected.

If I connect to Zen first and IQ second (I want Zen data to be a priority on the instruments it supports as it is real-time while my IQ subscription is delayed)... I can not load any IQ-supported instruments. For example, I get "Error on loading chart data for "SS 09-09 SGX" NinjaTrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available."

If I disconnect from Zen and reload historical data on the chart, I'm connected and all is good.

If I connect to IQ first and Zen second, all my data is delayed.

I've read the manual on Multiple Connections and I believe I'm doing things correctly.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

MXASJ, thanks for the post - unfortunately you can't selectively use instruments per connection. If you connect to ZenFire first all futures data for example is taken from this connection, if you connect to IQFeed first all supported instruments (Futures, Indices, Stocks and Forex spot) are used from this connection.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Bertrand. I should have been clearer. My intention is to always connect to Zen first/IQ second. The behavior I am expecting is that if the instrument is supported by Zen, the data comes through. If the instrument is not supported by Zen, it checks the IQ connection.

So in theory... I call up a ZN chart I'm looking at Zen. I call up a SS chart or an ETF, I'm looking at IQ.

What's happening is that if I log on to Zen first and IQ second, ZN is fine but it tells me SS and the ETF are not supported... as if it is not checking the second connection at all.

Is that expected behavior?

Comment

I've just done some tests as follows;

Log on to Zen then Yahoo. Expected behavior where ZN 12-09 5 min chart is live and EEM daily chart comes up (presumably via Yahoo)

Log on to Zen then IQ. Same, but trying GE instead of EEM. Works.

Call up SS 09-09, however, and I get that same error message and the only data that loads into the chart was from the last time I had only the IQ feed connection up.

Any thoughts on what I've done wrong?

Comment

You're correct, this should work as you have tested, is the SS master instrument added to the database already under Tools > Instrument Manager?

Comment

Yes, I've added SS and NN via Instrument Manager and have it mapped to IQ feed only. What has me scratching my head is all is well (apparently) for everything BUT those contracts I've added via Instrument Manager. I've got the ES and ZN coming through just fine on one screen (Zen), another has ADD and DJIA up (only works during market hours... worked fine yesterday and looks like it will work fine again in 30 mins). If I log off Zen and call up SS 09-09 or NN 12-09 while I'm still logged on to IQ it's fine...

Comment

Unfortunately expected, missed that you're SS and NN are futures contract, you can't selectively get those from the IQ Feed connection, futures are provided by the ZenFire connection connected first.

Comment

Ouch. Understood, but... ouch!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                9 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM