Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading Multiple Accounts

Hello,
    Is it possible to trade multiple accounts simultaneously using NinjaTrader and say Mirus or any other futures broker that provides Zen Fire feed.

What I want to be able to do is place a trade (either automatically or manually) and have same trade placed in a few other accounts (held by same broker).
    This would need to work for cancellations as well,
    for instance: place a limit buy for mini Dow at 9500 by mistake (this order would need to appear in all accounts, not just the one in which I will place it)
    Then Cancel that order (the cancellation will have to hit all accounts (provided the order didn't get filled)

Which broker achieves this best?

What paperwork would I need to provide the broker to allow for this to work.

From what I understand I do not need to have any kind of license to do this since I will be dealing with less than 15 accounts. Is this correct?

What else do I have to consider?

Also, does Zen Fire provide historical data going back at least 10 years. If not, what data feed should I use for backtesting?

Thanks in advance.

Hello stratgy1,

Thank you for your post.

Yes if the accounts are all under one username and password for example with Mirus you would have access to all of the accounts when connected.

You may create account groups within NinjaTrader where all accounts will receive the same order but cancellation and modification to the order needs to be done to each account seperately.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Account Groups.

You will need to contact the broker to verify what paperwork is required for this setup.

Unfortunately Zen-Fire historical data only goes back one year. I am not aware of what data providers offer historical data for 10 years. Maybe other users on the forum can suggest a provider that offers this service.

I have provided a link below that goes over the supported data providers that covers the type of data they provide and the instruments they support.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

just to be clear, i have 6 accounts in a Group and place a Buy market order, all the
      accounts Buy, do their orders go in based on their individual account number ? -
      i'm wondering what the time to execute is from first to last account

using Reverse, and Close, do all accounts also execute at the 'same' time ?

also, is there a way to set a percentage amount of margin to trade all accounts
      with different balance amounts rather than using quantity of contracts ?

Comment

Yes, when you submit an order it will be submitted in all accounts at the same time.
        However you need to open up SuperDOMs or Charts for each individual account since you need to manage them all individually after the order has been submitted. You can not manage them all at the same time.

Unfortunately it's not possible to set up a percentage.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Will there be improved support for multiple account trading in NT 8?

Comment

Hello crowther,

Thanks for your post.

Account Groups has been removed in NinjaTrader 8. Some brokers, such as NinjaTrader Brokerage, are able to offer block accounts on their end however to trade multiple accounts.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Brandon

Is it possible to set different lot sizes for for different accounts with a set up like this?

Comment

Originally posted by crowther View Post
                Thanks Brandon

Is it possible to set different lot sizes for for different accounts with a set up like this?
                That would depend on the brokerage. These options are not configured through NinjaTrader. Check with your broker and he/she can offer clarification on what would be possible.
                MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post wzgy0920  
                Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                5 responses
                0 likes