Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT > IB Order TIF change when chart trading

Hello:

I am using IB with NT and trading using Chart Trader. All orders are currently sent as DAY and I want to change to GTC.

Under ATM Strategy with <none> selcted I can change TIF to GTC. That works but I have to change it everytime I start NT. If I try to save it to at ATM Strategy template with strategy set to <none>, I get the dreaded Error Nt must close. But It saves the template, if I try to load that templete I get the error NT must close.

How do I set it to GTC as default with <none> for strategy.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello TraderJesse,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please remove the ATM strategy that is causing the issue. Then please go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-->Repair DB and restart NinjaTrader.

Recreate the ATM strategy and set with TIF set to Gtc and then save the strategy template.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

It saved with no error but when that strategy is selected it gives error NT must close. If I add target values no errors.

But it kinda of defeats what I want. All I want is the default Startegy of <none> to have the default of GTC.

If I have to change to a strategy everytime I start NT , it is no different than changing the TIF each time I start NT. The real bad thing is that I'll have to change every different chart I trade from.

This is the default I get everytime I start NT and connect to IB, even if left at GTC when closing and saving all workspaces.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

There is no way to set 'Gtc' to the default order type. The only way to have that set up would be to save it as part of a ATM Strategy, so that it is included as part of your stop loss orders, profit targets. Thus, when you select the saved ATM strategy the TIF will be modified to reflect your preference.

Comment

Hopefully NT 7 will have a parameter to change the order default. I don't always use a saved ATM Strategy, sometimes I just place a buy or sell and monitor it manually. Say I want to add a stop order on an exsisting position buy right clicking mouse and selecting sell stop and but I forgot to change DAY in ATM Strategy <none> to GTC before hand. At the end of the session I will be uncovered as the stop will expire. Almost all my orders are GTC anyway, so it would be nice to not have to constantly wonder if I have changed to the desired order type.

Thanks for the respose.

Comment

Hi,

I'm not sure if that feature will be included in NinjaTrader. I will forward the suggestion to our development team for inclusion on the list of possible future enhancements. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
            7 responses
            0 likes