place same order for 2 accounts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

place same order for 2 accounts...

How do I setup Ninja Trader to place an order for two seporate accounts at the same time?

I cant seem to find the link.

Thanks!

Hello Fritztx,

Thank you for your post.

You can submit orders for separate accounts at the same time if you create an account group and assign both accounts to that account group.

To create an account group please go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-->Account Grps. For more information please see the following link.

One thing of note is that any orders placed using an Account Group will be the same size in each of the individual accounts.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the link. I read the following and have a few questions.

Account Groups allow you to group individual accounts into a group account. These account groups will show up in any of the order entry interface's account selection list. If selected, any order placed will be replicated and sent to each account that belongs to the group.

NOTE: Subsequent cancellations and or order modifications will NOT be replicated against each order, you must manage each replicated order individually.

If I have two accounts that I am controlling (named Group 1 ) and place an order for 5 contracts on ES via the Superdom for Group 1 by clicking on market under the BUY section to get in going up. I then click on a sell position 5 ticks higher than my purchase price on the same Superdom. Am I to understand that both accounts in Group 1 will have placed a Buy order at market and will have entered at same price, and then when I click on the Sell order both accounts will have entered a Sell order at the same price? The Bold letters make me think that I wont be able to place a Sell order for both accounts after I have placed the Market Buy order to get in. Can you explain further? The link you sent only has 2 sections and does not show anything after creating the group.

Thanks,
      JP

Comment

Hello Fritztx,

I believe this is referring to modification of a pending order or cancelling of pending order only.

I will need to verify this tomorrow morning and will respond back as soon as I gather additional information.

Thank you for your patience.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post zstheorist  
        Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
        8 responses