Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT suddenly started freezing every time it starts

Guys,

After months of no such issues,my NT instance freezes. I'm running latest release (6.5.1000.13) on Vista 64 bit with 2GB RAM. Currently when NT runs it consumes 60% of CPU and 96% ram.

The problem first occurred when after running several backtests of an ADXVMA-based strategy, I layered on a ZiNonLagMA and a HeikinAshiSmoothed as I had done many times today. This time the chart and the whole app froze.

I tried a DB Repair and a re-install, but I still have problems. What is the best way to diagnose and fix please?

Hello crmcwi,

Thank you for your post.

The best way to resolve this issue is by reducing the number of instruments that you are back-testing on.

Additionally, 64 bit operating systems are not presently supported because they have not been tested fully with NinjaTrader 6.5. Lastly, your RAM is at the minimum requirement.

Due to these factors I would recommend that you review the performance tips.

The other thing to keep in mind is that with the release of NinjaTrader 7 at the end of this month we will be supporting 64 bit operating systems, and there will be performance enhancements as well to take full advantage of the specifics of a 64 bit PC.

Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Excellent, thank you Ryan. Would the logs be helpful? Does NT log issues such as low RAM that might cause freezes?

Comment

Hi,

You can send you log files into [email protected], but the log typically does not cause freezing. Also, you can send you trace files but that will only show system exceptions and freezing will not generate errors.

Basically, the software is functioning properly but there is too much system load and this causes the freezes.

We would be glad to review the log and traces file though, and see if there was anything within the files that may enable us to determine if this issue has any other cause besides the performance demands.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks Ryan. I've reduced the number of charts and haven't had the problem recurr. I will send the logs and trace if it does.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kaywai, Today, 06:26 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post kaywai
          by kaywai

Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
          118 responses
          1 like