Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd behaviour in static DOM

Hi

What could be the matter here? My static superdom, as soon as I enter a trade shows I am immediately up 10 points and yet the order is rejected by my broker. I have repaired the DB four times, reset my instruments, logged on and off several times all to no avail. What can I try next?

Pete

Hello Pete,

I am not sure if I follow. The PnL display indicates you are in a position up 10 ticks, however your entry order is rejected?

Could it be the PnL display shows realized PnL from earlier trades? Please right click in the SuperDOM and select Properties and check if the option is enabled.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason thanks for the quick reply.

I didn't explain it clearly. My apologies:

My Superdom only has numbers displayed on the buy side and not on the sell side. When I place a market order either sell or buy it plays the 'order filled' sound and immediately then it says 'target filled' and it shows I am making a profit. No error messages come up. My ATM strategy does not come up when I put in the order. I do not seem to have any open positions. I am with Mirus and Zenfire. My show realized PnL when flat is set to 'false'....

Hope this helps
      Pete

Comment

Hello Pete,

I see, it seems once your entry order is executed and your ATM strategy triggers, one of the ATM orders is filled almost immediately.

What is reflected in the Log-tab? Do you see either the stop loss or profit target filled once your entry order is executed?

If this is the case, I suggest to use larger values for the stop loss and profit target.

Comment

Bear with me... I will get the log and see if there are any clues. What specifically should I look for? Incidentally, I don't use profit targets and it doesn't seem to make any difference what I set my initial stop to. I currently have it set at 18 ticks...

Pete

Comment

Can you please right click in the order entry window you use and select Properties. Check what setting is used for 'Parameter type'. Ensure it is set to Ticks.

Submit a test order and check if the stop loss is submitted 18 ticks behind the average entry price.

Comment

Parameter type is set to 'ticks' and yes, the order has the stop loss 18 ticks behind the price... I'm just testing it now on the Z - market is at 5149.5, I have entered a short at 5149.5, the market has moved against me to 5150 and my pnl shows +9.5 (I use points but it also shows the wrong info in currency and percentages)

Cheers
              Pete

Comment

Hello Pete,

Ok, so instead of a loss of 0.5 point, it displays a profit of 9.5 points?
                While the entry marker is located at the price of 5149.5, short?

Does the issue persists when trading different instruments?

Do you have any commissions setup in the software?

Comment

That is affirmative. It happens on the Z, the FESX and the ES... I don't have any commissions set up. I can see in the log where the order is submitted then it goes through the pending, accepted, working, filled parts and ends up with position and it reports the avg price as 5149 which is correct. Seems that the log is getting it right and the dom display is getting it wrong. Trouble is, when I close out of the trade, the false profit is being recorded in the the performance log. Also, I still don't have any market depth figures on the the sell side of my dom.

Cheers
                  Pete

Comment

Can you please tell me what data feed provider you connect to in NinjaTrader.

What NinjaTrader version are using? You can check at Help-->About.

Did you already had a position when you submitted the order that displayed a PnL of +9.5 when it filled?

Comment

Hi Jason

I'm connecting through Mirus to Zenfire and I am using 6.5.10007 Multi Broker Live

I can confirm that I had no other positions open when I submitted the order.

Cheers Pete

Comment

Can you please download our latest version (6.5.1000.13) on top of your current version at the link below.

Let me know if the issue recurs using the latest version. If possible, please send a screenshot that displays the incorrect unrealized PnL.

Comment

Hi again Jason..

I've just gone back through my records and found where it happened before. On the 8th of September, two trades did the same sort of thing except this happened on the SPI using my Pat Systems / Zaner account. My tradeing log is showing a profit of 208 points for one trade and 110 points for another. Not bad for intraday results - considering the SPI hasn't moved 208 points in six months - seems to be that every so often the superdom has this glitch and goes awol. Last time it happened I reset everything, opened a new DOM, did a DB repair and it came good. Maybe it will be working properly again tomorrow?

Pete

Comment

I have downloaded the latest version. Will install it tomorrow and see how we go. Thanks for your help so far..

Pete

Comment

Can you please install the latest version and check if PnL is reflected as expected.

If not, please check what price is listed as last traded price and what price is listed as per the average entry price.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post alifarahani  
                              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes