IQFeed users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQFeed users

Just wondering if someone using IQFeed would give me there opinion about it.
    Dependability etc . thanks in advance .

Hello T2020

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I can not comment but user reviews are available at other forums such as www.elitetrader.com.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

T2020,
      I've been using IQFeed for 2 years and I'm a big fan of the service. I use them for real-time futures tick data mostly. Here are some points worth noting:
      --Unscheduled outages: I think I've had less than a 1/2 dozen outages during market hours and none in fast markets. Of the few outages I've had each was only a few seconds and an auto-reconnect followed soon afterward.
      --Scheduled outages: Reconnects with Ninja following scheduled maintenance have always been automatic and without a hitch.
      --Customer service: Customer service is very good - you get a live person and they pick up the phone quickly. If they don't have an answer they get one for you promptly.
      --API: I haven't worked with the API yet but I have a project on deck to customize the tick data flow using a developer recommended by them. The price was very reasonable.
      --Historical data: If you're working with tick data CQG's Data Factory is an excellent match for IQFeed's tick data.

Best of luck,
      Lou

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanOlson View Post
        Hello T2020

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I can not comment but user reviews are available at other forums such as www.elitetrader.com.
        Don't understand you post . IQfeed is listed as one of your data vendors .??

Comment

Originally posted by bluelou View Post
          T2020,
          I've been using IQFeed for 2 years and I'm a big fan of the service. I use them for real-time futures tick data mostly. Here are some points worth noting:
          --Unscheduled outages: I think I've had less than a 1/2 dozen outages during market hours and none in fast markets. Of the few outages I've had each was only a few seconds and an auto-reconnect followed soon afterward.
          --Scheduled outages: Reconnects with Ninja following scheduled maintenance have always been automatic and without a hitch.
          --Customer service: Customer service is very good - you get a live person and they pick up the phone quickly. If they don't have an answer they get one for you promptly.
          --API: I haven't worked with the API yet but I have a project on deck to customize the tick data flow using a developer recommended by them. The price was very reasonable.
          --Historical data: If you're working with tick data CQG's Data Factory is an excellent match for IQFeed's tick data.

Best of luck,
          Lou
          Thanks Lou .
          Some others have told me it's good quality for Bid/Ask delta such as the
          GomCD . Thanks for your reply and glad your happy with it .

Comment

Hi T2020,

Yes, IQFeed is a supported data provider but I can not offer my personal opinion of the data feed.

I then recommended www.elitetrader.com as another location for user opinions.
            Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just signed up for IQFeed and wanted to trial it with MArket Analysis and Ninja.
              My biggest issue thus far is the symbol mapping between the IQFeed and the two platforms.
              - US Equities are OK
              -Forex, from what IQFeed has explained needs a different Syntax than available on Market Analysis and Ninja ( I cannot figure it out)
              - Emini is ok on Ninja but on Market Analysis this is another ball of wax that none of them can seem to figure out.

Esignal was excellent with Ninja! However as you can see I am investigating Market Analysis as I have my connection issues with Ninja. It usually takes me three(3) attempst to open the software before it brings up my charts and the data loading is EXTREMELY slow!

Overall, the ten(10) days that I have had IQFeed have been a headache BUT there is a learning curve - I understand.

Ninja is a good system, once it gets up and running.
              I hope that the newewst version will address the above and the otheres not mentioned here and from the last status update from Ninja, it seems that my pet-peves are going to be addressed, so I am hangging in there, for now.
              thanks,
              Ryan

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post arvidvanstaey  
              Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
              16 responses