Ninja Trader Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Trader Startup

After booting my computer, Ninja Trader will not fully load the first time. When I start Ninja Trader, the splash screen comes up and after a few seconds, the work space window shows behind the splash screen. However, the cursor shows a spinning (wait) icon. I have waited as long as 2 minutes, but it doesn't complete loading.

I use Windows Task Manager to end the task, then it starts ok. However, if I right-click on any window (in any application), and select something from the mini menu, it leaves that piece of the mini menu stuck on the screen (can not clear it).

I am using Version 6.5.1000.13 of Ninja Trader. I have Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit operating system and 4 GB memory. The processor is Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz.

Hello StarBright2009,

Could it be you have Asus utilities installed. I worked with some customers that experienced the same issue and it was related to Asus utilities. Please see the forum thread below for more information.

What happens if you wait 5 minutes?

Could it be NinjaTrader needs to load multiple workspaces? Can you please restart NinjaTrader and go to File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Select a workspace without a checkmark and subsequently go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this process until only one workspace is opened. Reboot your PC and check if the issue persists now that only one workspace will be loaded upon start-up.

Unfortunately the menu selections that remain displayed is not related to NinjaTrader, since it does not manage drawing on your screen. Most likely this is a video card issue.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, I am not using ASUS utilities.

I only have the default workpace. And, by the way, it is a blank workspace.

Thanks.

Comment

I suggest to try the following. Reboot your PC and go to My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->workspaces and delete the Default.xml file.

Check if NinjaTrader starts the first attempt.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I did as you suggested.

Ninja Trader started in about 10 seconds.

Thank you!

Comment

Glibert,

Unfortunately our forum experienced technical difficulties early this morning. As a result, we were forced to restore our forum to its last back up point approximately seven (7) hours ago. Any posts created since that time have been lost. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I was able to retrieve your last response:

---Quote (Originally by NinjaTrader_Jason)--- Hello Gilbert,
            Please create a new thread in the future.
            You will be able to set an empty space on the right side of the current price bar. Please double click the chart and enter a value to your liking next to 'Right side margin'. ---End Quote--- Thank you Jason. I will post questions like this one the right place in the future.
            Gilbert.
            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post elirion
            by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM