Automatic stop and limit orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic stop and limit orders

Is there any way to set up the DOM to automatically place an order as a stop instead of a limit based upon where I am placing the order?

This morning I was attempting to place stop entry orders near the market just before a news release. I hit the CTRL key and accidentally hit the left button about 1 point above the market on the ES on the buy side. Obviously I meant for this to be a stop because a buy limit order that far above the market is invalid. But since I hit the left button instead of the scroll wheel, it placed and filled it as a limit. Not only did I lose money when I closed the bad position, but I missed my bracket order that would have paid very well.

Is there any setting on the DOM to adjust and place a stop in that instance or at least for the order to simply be rejected when this mistake happens? I have to place the orders very quickly, so confirming them isn't an option. Had the order been quickly rejected, I could have at least tried placing the order again instead of having to close a bad position.

Thank you.

Hello doug.ragan,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately there is not an option to set up a rule to reject orders within NinjaTrader at this time.

Also the left mouse button can not be user defined to submit a Stop Order when clicked above or below the current trading market.

I will forward this to our development team for future considerations.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Brevo
    by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
    0 responses