Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!! Getting bad signals on my tick charts

HI,

I'm using Ninja trader live along with E-signal data, and MBT as my broker.

When I connect I first connect to Esignal and then to MBT for trading.

Everything has been great as far as order executuion and ATM chart trader.

But the system I trade is based upon Tick data and relies on bar calculation and price for my signals.

Right now I'm trading the 89tick in the Euro 6E. And I have been trading along with a group and have started noticing that my system signals will often times be different that there system signals. Even though were all using Ninja trader with E-signal.

Now I understand that tick data is time stamped and can often look different than other peoples charts based on when you logged in.

But today I got a bad signal after I realized that my charts looked different than my friends. So I tried RE-loading the historical data. After that it looked exactlly like his. So I lost money because of this!!!

This is a problem because this has been happening a lot lately and i've been suspicious that something is off but I just wasn't sure of it until now. I've also noticed that the charts will give signals real time and then when I log off Ninja and re-start the system it will come up looking different than before

So how can I fix this?

I've got a 30 meg internet connection on my computer and at least 4 gigs of ram and have not had any issues with connection speed or computer lag.

I've talked with E-signal and they could give me no explanation and said my connection was fine.

I'm in the Seattle area, and I generally trade between 6 and 10 am Central.
    I have my computer set to East coast time ( which I think now could be causing some of the issue).

Under chart properties I have Session times to begin at 12:00 Am and end at 12:00 AM.

So unfortunately my Live trading and backtesting numbers are not completely lining up because of this.

I just need to know why this is happening and how I can fix it. If there are any settings that I need to check or change and so forth.

Thank you,

Jon Oswalt

Hi jtrader1,

Thank you for your post.

Incoming data is timestamped based on your local PC's clock. Likewise, because tick charts have no defined start time, Ninja will begin creating chart bars based on the first tick received after the chart is created.

Unfortunately, because of this, two conditions would need to occur before charts would match up perfectly.
    1.) PC clocks would need to be in perfect sync.
    2.) Charts would need to be created at the exact same moment, down to the milisecond.

When reloading historical data, data comes with timestamping and a common start time. As such, it is expected that the charts would align after reloading historical data.

To minimize the impact of this, you would need to sync your PC's clock and create the charts as close as possible to the start of a new bar on a traders PC you are comparing to.

For more information about how NinjaTrader creates chart bars, please see the following link: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ChartBars.html
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    15 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post xiinteractive  
    Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
    1 response
    0 likes