stop limit order in superdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop limit order in superdom

Is it possible to place a stop limit order in the superdom?

By example:
    price is 1504.00, I want to get long at 1505.00 as soon as it hits 1505.00

Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Yes, you can. Clicking your middle mouse button will submit a Stop Limit order.

More info can be found here:
    http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/HelpGuideV6/ManagingOrders.html

Vince
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Special setting on mouse for scroll wheel stop entry?

I'm using a mircosoft intellimouse infared with scroll wheel, left right mouse buttons and back/forward side browser buttons. I cant seem to generate stop orders in DOM (V5 SIM) with the scroll button... it changes my display to a multi window output of what's open on my task bar. Is there some hardware setting for the mouse that I need to change?

Also another topic.....again if I upgrade to Ver6 will I lose my trading performance history from Ver5 or can I import my past history from V5 into V6?

Comment

Hi,

1) Try changing your mouse configuration. Go to the windows control panel--> Printers and other hardware--> Mouse and select the Button tab. Then see if you can change the set up for your scroll wheel, you want it to act like a middle mouse button.

2) You need to create new settings and strategies for V6. It's not possible to transfer them over from V5 since they are 2 complete new versions.

Vince
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
          Yes, you can. Clicking your middle mouse button will submit a Stop Limit order.
          Most CAD programs I've used give you an option to use a key+button combination (such as shift-click) in lieu of a middle button, for pointing devices that don't have a middle button.

Is there any such combination available in NinjaTrader?

Two good reasons:
          • My trackball doesn't have a middle button.
          • Laptops are now coming out with touch screens, and a middle button would have to be simulated somehow through a touch interface. shift-poke or ctrl-poke would work well for this.
          -A

Comment

Hi A,

NinjaTrader is only expecting the middle mouse click for these commands. It may be possible with third party software to emulate a middle click with a user defined keystroke but use of these is beyond our scope of support. I'm aware of one that looks promising as far as free and open source:
            Free keyboard macro program. Supports hotkeys for keyboard, mouse, and joystick. Can expand abbreviations as you type them (AutoText).
            Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Wow, thanks! AutoHotkey is overwhelmingly powerful and flexible. It took me a while to figure out how to configure AutoHotkey to emulate a middle mouse button, but it works great.

If anyone is searching this thread, the following line in an AutoHotkey script will generate a middle button click when you hold down the right button and click the left one in the SuperDOM window:

~RButton & LButton::MouseClick, Middle

...and if your trackball doesn't have a scroll wheel, you still need to be able to scroll the DOM ladder. I do this with the right CTRL key plus up or down arrow to step the ladder up and down:

~RControl & Up::Click WheelUp
              ~RControl & Down::Click WheelDown

-A
              Last edited by anachronist; 07-12-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

LIfe would be much simpler if Ninjatrader would just provide a configuration that, in the superdom, allows the left mouse button to enter stop limit orders!

Comment

That's not possible to change these settings within NinjaTrader, Limit orders are placed with the left mouse button. Please follow this link for more details.

You may consider using another Order Entry window, such as Basic Entry or Chart Trader.
                  Oxana R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
                  6 responses
                  1 like
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                  Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes