frustration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

frustration

I can't seem to connect my tradestation to ninja...

I have been at it for about 1 hour ...GRRRR

I think I followed all the instructions by still no results

Is there no way to speak to somebody ?? please. I need to get it running.

Thanks
    Kevin

Hi Kevin:

Thank you for your post.

The most common problems with receiving data from TS your symbol mapping setup.

Please try the following instructions and let us know if you can get data for the individual contract first.

Follow the Account Setup Guide for TS and ensure you are not using the continuous contract.

Account Setup Guide:
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_TradeStation.htm

The continuous contract is represented by an @ symbol in the TS chart. If the TS Chart symbol has an @ sign, then Right Click in the TS Chart, select Format Symbol. Change the contract name (i.e. @ES should be ESH07 ‘ES June 07’).

After correcting the symbol name, re-insert the Strategy NT External Feed (steps in Account Setup Guide) from the TS chart. Also, ensure you have the correct symbol mapping in NinjaTrader Instrument Manager, Misc. tab (more on symbol mapping also in the Account Setup Guide)

Please let me know if you are still unable after performing the prescribed steps. If you are interested in discussing by phone, please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and reference this post.

Best regards,
    RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok great it works now ... Thanks Ryan

( I am posting this so that others can take advantage of the experience)

Ok the problem why it didn't work is that the symbol in ninja trader didn't match the one in Tradestation.. so I had to change the symbol in ninja instrument manager ( go in the control center to TOOLS>instrument manager>find the YM contrat > double click on it which will open the INSTRUMENT EDITOR> then go to symbol map area > then change the symbol formate) YM|05-07. I tried other formates :

YMM07 but no luck then
      YM but no luck then
      @YM but no luck then
      YM|05-07 and BinGO it worked

the last thing to do is to remember to change the dates from example YML|05-07 to YM|08-07 at every roll over period so that tradestation feeds ninja with the data.

hope it will help some other folks out there..

Kevin
      P.S. the setup of tradestation to feed into ninja trader is well explained below ...that's the first step then go to ninja and follow the steps you see in the image.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Austiner87, Yesterday, 11:24 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post brucerobinson  
      Started by Rogers101, 05-05-2024, 11:30 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Rogers101