Dynamic Stop and Adjust OIF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic Stop and Adjust OIF

How soon, or when, can I fire off an Adjust OIF to set a dynamic stop?

Let's say I have a 1 minute chart, therefore I can only fire off an AT command once every minute. If I want to control the stop price, using the AT Adjust command, I want to set the stop as soon as possible. How soon, after the Order AT command, can I send the AT adjust command. Do I have to wait for the PUF file? Or can I send the Adjust command right after (in conjuction with) the Order command?

What is the sequence in which you check for the various AT command files?

imported post

You can send it once the initial order.txt file has been processed. NT checksin 300 ms intervals after each file has been processed.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Could you give a more detailed explaination of the STOP command for the Adjust file? In the docementation you say: "STOP - Your stop loss order(s)". You seem to suggesting that one could have mutiple stop orders. I was under the assumption that you could only have 1 stop order. Of course, I may be missing something.

Comment

imported post

You can have one strategy stop loss that could consist of either 1, 2 or 3 separate stop orders. Although their could be up to 3 orders, NT manages them as one stop loss and therefore sending an adjust.txt to adjust the stop loss will modify all orders associated to that strategie's stop loss.

Comment

imported post

I am unsure if the proper format to use for an Adjust STOP command. Looking at the log, I see that you use StopMarket orders. For an Adjust STOP command, I have a limit price field and Stop price field. Which of the field(s) should I put the stop price in?

thanks

Comment

imported post

STOP field

Comment

imported post

Is there a reason why an Adjust STOP command would not be processed by NT?

Sometimes, but not always, the 1st Adjust STOP order I send never gets processed (i.e. shows up in the log file) even though the file gets deleted. All of the succeeding Adjust Stop command do get proceesed and shows up in the log.

For instance, My order files was deleted at 10:41:02. The log says:

10:42:15 Execution Entry1 Valid Sold 2 ER 03-05 .....

10:42:15 Submiting stop and target orders.

My1st Adjust STOP command was created at 10:42:16 and deleted by NT at 10:42:18. But no ModifyOrder Stop1/Stop2 appears in the log.

My 2nd Adjust STOP command was created at 10:43:02 and deleted by NT at 10:43:04. Those ModifyOrder Stop show up in the log at 10:43:03 and 10:43:03.

thanks

Comment

imported post

No reason that I am aware of. If a file is deleted and not processed an error message will be logged. It may be possible that you are sending an adjust oif when the stop order can't be adjusted because if was being adjusted that particulare time manually?

Comment

imported post

No manual changing/entering of stops on my part. But according to the time stamps, one might be able to make the case that NT was "Submitting stop and target orders" at around the same time as the Adjust Stop command was sent.

Comment

imported post

It's possible that if the stop that was being adjusted was just being submitted you would get an error.

Comment

imported post

It's possible that if the stop that was being adjusted was just being submitted you would get an error.

Comment

imported post

Comment

imported post

It seems to me, that NT losing (for lack of a better word) Adjust STOPcommand is something that needs to be looked at.

Six trades were initiated, and on 3 of those trades the initial Adjust STOPcommand got "lost" by NT. On all 6 trades, all of the succeeding Adjust STOP commands were processed by NT. In all cases, the 1st Adjust file was deleted by NT. All commands were being on the Simulator account.

Comment

imported post

Is it possible that the command was not processed because the order was in a state that it could not be adjusted? Are there no errors or rejected oder adjustments in the log?

Comment

imported post

There are no error messages of any kind in the log referring to a bad/rejected Adjust command. I do not send the Adjust command until the PUF file tells me that the order has been filled ((PUFFields[0] != FLAT) && (PUFFields[4] == "0").

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Waxavi
                              by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes