Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant connect to Market Replay Connection

Hello

I am attempting to connect to the Market Replay Connection and don not seem to be able to connect.

Please see link>> https://www.revol.com/?gclid=CLjE18PZnp0CFVVj2godijiprw

Please advise.

Thanks!

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

To run Market Replay you will need to make sure that it is enabled by going t- Tools-->Options-->Data-->Run Market Replay Recorder.

If you have done that can you please clarify the issue since the link took me to a page separate from your issue.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My apologies...

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Please try this link.

This issue is not the recording, but establishing the connection for the replay.
      When I follow the process per the link, the connection never takes place for the replay.

I have shut down and restarted NT and the issue persists.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello,

Based on the video there is no market replay data recorded, which indicates that the Market Replay recorder is not enabled.

If Market Replay was enabled then the Market Replay connection would feature the ability to choose the date of recorded data which is then where the actual connection takes place.

Please see the following link for more information.

Comment

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

The record function is/was turned on else no replay data available, correct?

There is surely replay data available for the replay if that is the trigger.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

and the record option is turned on.

Please advise.

Thanks!
          Last edited by always4nu; 10-02-2009, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Take the files from the video you provided them and place them in the My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->db-->data folder.

This is the location where Market Replay data should be placed and recorded.

Comment

Thank you.

I have done as you've suggested...same issue.

Please see> http://screencast.com/t/DZ1NHiw00MEa

Comment

Hi,

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
                1. Close all running applications.
                2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click Remove.
                4. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
                5. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                6. Reboot your machine.
                7. Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below:
                  Download
                Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same issue. Yesterday the Arrow in Files->Connect->MarketReplay was still present and now it is gone anymore.
                  I have plenty of recorded data in the db->data folder and have
                  enabled MarketReplay in the options menue.
                  I even reinstalled NT. Please help me.
                  How can I activate the selection again?

After some try and error I think I have found the problem. The NT Programmers have hardcoded a max limit for the number of data days to be displayed in the MarketReplay Selection Menue. If the number of data files stored in your NT6.5->db->data dir like 20080101 or 20091010 exceeds that number instanciation of the selection menue fails and no arrow is shown as a result.
                  Quick fix: Remove some dirs from the data dir.
                  Solution: NT programmers remove the hard limit for the selection display.
                  Last edited by cbaer; 12-02-2009, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                  170 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post sidlercom80  
                  Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Irukandji