Average prices on super-dom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average prices on super-dom?

Is it possible to have an average price on super-dom instead of your entry price?

It would be more helpful as when I am trading/scalping knowing my average price and position lets me know immediately if I am winning/losing.

imported post

The brown colored box is the average entry price rounded to the closed valid tick size. It is also updated whe you add to your position.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Thanks, saw that.

At the same time though this morning as i was fooling with the es contract and watching via super-dom & Accounts Section, which shows a box in the lower half with Net Position and Avg Price, the Avg Price in super-dom stayed at 868.50, as I bot/sold using 1 lot trades, yet the Avg Price in Accounts fell to868.11nnn. If it was averaging to nearest tick, shouldnt super-dom have come down to 828.25 as the other average trailed down to 868.11nnn?

Which is correct?

I dont know if this is important but to make this work, I cancelled my target price but kept a stop in.

Comment

imported post

It does if you are adding contracts into the same SuperDOM. Don't confuse the average price of all contracts in your account with the average price of an open strategy. You can have two dom's open with two strategies running for the same market. Each strategy (trade) will have it's own average price at the same time as the over all account's average price for that market.

Comment

imported post

It was 1 strategy, within 1 superdom, 1 contract only.

All I was doing was scalping in/out, with the hope of seeing the average price move up/down as each trade hit. eg, I was long 2, then sold 1, bot 1, sold 1, bot 2, sold 2, etc

I would have guessed the average price would have been the same, if not similar.

Comment

imported post

It is similar if not the same. I tried to reproduce what you stated and could not. Will monitor if others report.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
            Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
            14 responses
            0 likes