Dealing with multiple charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealing with multiple charts

How can I design an indicator taking in multiple charts data?

rdhore, welcome to our support forums!

Currently (in NinjaTrader 6.5) this is not possible for indicators, as we only support multiseries data access in strategies - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...struments.html

With NinjaTrader 7 we'll extend this concept then also to indicators - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

New Multi-Series Charting
    You can now mix multiple series on a single chart without limitations seen in other platforms. We have introduced a new chart level property "Equidistant bar spacing" which is automatically set to false when mixing more than one series. What this does is creates a time axis that is void of any missing bars so that mixed series of any type can all be accurately aligned to time. When this property is set to true, bars have even space between them and missing time bars are excluded.
    The image below depicts a mixed series chart that plots ES 5 Minute, NQ 1 Minute, YM 1000 Tick and YM 10 point range series.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have two charts opened at the same time with two different series. Are you saying that I cannot have an indicator which takes in both the charts and plots? In strategies, is this possible to make an order using both the charts? I need to compare two charts for orders.

Comment

Correct, for indicators > this will be possible in NinjaTrader 7

For now you have to work in strategies to access two chart's bars series and applied indicators.

Comment

Ok. Now if I use the strategy, how can I simultaneously access the data from multiple charts which are open with different series?

Comment

Please see this link for explanations and sample code for the concept - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...struments.html

You don't have to have the needed charts all open, they are added to the Strategy's Initialize() call and thus the strategy will load them automatically if started.

Comment

I have gone through the given link and found to be very useful. But I am now stuck at somewhere. I have to pass this additional bars object into an indicator. But the indicator input is DataSeries Object. How can I do this?

Comment

You can pass in BarsArray[int index] directly then into the indicator overload - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...BarSeries.html

Comment

I need to call an indicator from a strategy which does a comparison between two dataseries.
                  Now, I have BarsArray[0] and BarsArray[1] in that strategy which are to be passed to an indicator using explicit declaration of DataSeries Properties. When I am doing this, its giving error of datatype conflict - Bars and DataSeries. Please help me.

Comment

I'm not sure I follow what you want to do - just call the indicator two times in the strategy passing in the two needed bars arrays and then do the comparison in the strategy directly. Please remember that indicators do not support working with multiseries in NinjaTrader 6.5, thus you need to do those related calcs in the strategy.

Comment

I need a custom DataSeries in my strategy for the use of a nested indicator.
                      The strategy is a multi-instrument strategy. I have two bars object.
                      I executed the following:
                      myDataSeries = new DataSeries(this);
                      Then, the primary bars will be taken into the DataSeries. But actually, I need the BarsArray[1] to be added into the DataSeries. Also the DataSeries to be in sync with the BarsArray[1] throughout the running of the strategy. Hope you understood where I am stuck. Please help.

Comment

rdhore, you can pass in BarsArray[0] (primary) and BarsArray[1] (secondary) directly in the IDataSeries input of the indicator.

For storing the secondary BarsArray indicator values synched to the primary series, please see this sample for more info - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3572

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post bmartz
                        by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                        4 responses