Market profile chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market profile chart

Does ninja have a market profile chart in its free program?

Hello jimmaya,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately NinjaTrader does not have a market profile indicator preinstalled. However, you can contact to our 3rd party vendor FIANL Financial Algorithms as they have a Market Profile indicator available for purchase.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Sergey T.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by jimmaya View Post
      Does ninja have a market profile chart in its free program?
      I'm using the FINAL add-on, works very well and the guy who handled my activation was very fast and helpful.

Considering the alternatives out there for MP charts the FINAL solution is probably the most cost-effective.

Comment

Is it possible for ninja trader to create a volume profile indicator. Almost all other software packages have this tool. A simple volume profile. Not TPO's.

Thanks.

Comment

mp

It seems like a good question to me. Why not respond to his request by building the indicator and posting it for us to use for free.

Telling someone to go buy it - doesn't sounds helpful or progressive if Ninja is trying to improve its software.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Sergey View Post
          Hello jimmaya,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately NinjaTrader does not have a market profile indicator preinstalled. However, you can contact to our 3rd party vendor FIANL Financial Algorithms as they have a Market Profile indicator available for purchase.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Market Profile is copyrighted by the CBOT.

Just so you know, the Market Profile is not in the public domain. It is copyrighted by the Chicago Board of Trade and every charting package I know of requires the user to pay a royalty (I'm pretty sure it's $15/month) to the Board of Trade if that user chooses to implement Market Profile. I have had to pay that fee both on InvestorRT and on eSignal. As a long time CBOT member, I know for sure it's copyrighted.
            Last edited by jstnbrg; 11-30-2009, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Yes there is a Market Profile Indicator, It comes from BigMiketrading website. I am trying it right now, then I will switch to Fin. Alg when ready to pay for it.

Comment

Would you please post the link to BMT market profile indicator.

Comment

Have mentioned it before but will agree with AO76 and request that Ninja look seriously into expanding their volume profile indicator. There are a great multitude of pro traders focusing on volume profile (not TPOs) and it would be incredible if Ninja could add to the volume profile indicator such that:

- Personally, I don't need bid/ask differentiation, I'd prefer that it didn't loose all data when charts were reloaded and was simply based off volume traded at each tick
                  - This way it could always be present for the current day, but also could have prior days displayed on screen also (just like regular volume profile charts)
                  - Finally, and extremely importantly, there should be an option to aggregate all volume data for the last X days, such that a composite view of all volume traded at each tick could be built, going back many months

It's essential that it be accurate to the tick and not aggregate volume traded over time (just like the present vol profile indicator).

A first step would even be to simply copy the existing vol profile indicator but NOT worry about bid/ask vol and hence make it 'build-able' and not disappear each time chart is refreshed. Surely only a little bit more work to make it then load for prior days, heck, and then an aggregate... PLEASE look into this guys, extremely powerful ! Users presently have to turn to IRT etc for this kind of thing.

One pro trader using this method has 5000 followers on twitter - wouldn't it be nice if he could tell them Ninja was an option ! None of them are presently able to use Ninja.

I'm trying to get dValueArea indicator to do something similar at the moment, but it seems to crude / blunt... Any other options?

Cheers !

Comment

Just having the current volume profile indicator plot historical data would be great.

Comment

iTradePod Market Profile solution

There is a free trial of a market profile chart and volume profile on ninjatrader's third party provider iTradePod website.

Comment

CDA VolumeProfile solution

Read this post if you are still looking for a feature-rich accurate VolumeProfile indicator. Access website here.

Comment

Looking for TPO Market Profile Indicator for NinjaTrader

Originally posted by cporretti View Post
                          Yes there is a Market Profile Indicator, It comes from BigMiketrading website. I am trying it right now, then I will switch to Fin. Alg when ready to pay for it.
                          Hi, I'm wondering if you could tell me where you got your indicator?
                          Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post wzgy0920  
                          Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes