IB - "Saving" This request can not be aborted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IB - "Saving" This request can not be aborted

I try once every couple months to see if anyone else is having this problem. I have about a 100 ninjatrader db backups because every morning I have to start from scratch. I only have 1 log in chance before I have to go delete the database again. NT always get stuck on the 1 minute chart with the above message. I only have 1 chart open and this is it.

Maybe someone has come up with an answer..

Hello cctrade,

Can you please tell me what version of NinjaTrader and TWS you have installed. You can check this at Help-->About (TradersWorkStation).

What instrument and interval is selected in the chart? How much historical data is requested in the chart and does it have any indicators applied?

What happens if you close the chart, connect to IB and subsequently open up a new chart?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

tws 895.3

nt 6.5.1000.13

Comment

Does it make a difference if you connect to IB first and subsequently open up a chart. So make sure there is no chart opened when connecting to IB.

When a different instrument/interval is selected in the chart, does the issue remain?

Comment

I have tried all ways.. I have better luck with not using a workspace and just pulling the 1 or 2 charts I look at. I could open tick charts and daily charts with no problem ever over and over again. But once I pull up a 1 minute chart the next time I open it will get stuck on the 1 minute chart.

Comment

It is probably something so simple I am forgetting or not aware I am suppose to do but I can't find any clues anywhere in the support forum. I see a few others are having the same problem with no real answers.

Comment

Could it be you have workspaces running in the background? So the total data request is too much to load all windows.

Check if you are running workspaces in the background (these will request data & resources as well) and close them. Can you please restart NinjaTrader and go to File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Select a workspace without a checkmark and subsequently go to File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this process until only one workspace is opened.

Connect to your data feed and check if the minute chart will load with data.

Are you able to reproduce the issue on a different PC?

Comment

Since i have been having this problem I stopped using workspaces and only open a zb tick and zb 1 minute chart with occasionally a few daily ym and es charts.

I will try this on my laptop later today and report back tomorrow..

Thanks

Is there something very simple I could be overlooking or missed in reading the instructions? Something to do with database management or something? I am coming from Sierra Charts so I am thinking from the perspective of how Sierra works.

Comment

Unfortunately I cannot think of a single option that would result in such behavior.

Please let me know the outcome after testing the laptop.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                  Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
                  1 response
                  0 likes