Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simultaneous Audio Alerts from an Indicator

Hello,

I'm building an indicator and using it against several different instruments at the same time.

It can produce an alert in the same instant on multiple charts...and I have the indicator play a sound file.

The sound file is a voice recording telling which instrument and chart has the alert.

The problem is....it will only play one sound file and not queue them up....if three alerts happen at once, only one of the sound files will be played.

Is there any solution to this?

Thanks!

Unfortunately not. Only one sound can be played at a time. When the same signals trigger exactly the same time, only one can be played.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Candlestick pattern indicator

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      Unfortunately not. Only one sound can be played at a time. When the same signals trigger exactly the same time, only one can be played.
      Josh,

Can you tell me how to add a voice alert to a candlestick pattern that has showed up on my chart. The indicator has identified the candlestick pattern all I need is for it to give me a voice alert letting me know it showed up.

Comment

Hello jlawson321,

Thank you for the question.

For what you would like to do it would require you to do some manual coding.

Essentially you would need to modify the CandleStickPattern indicator which is possible.You would need to add an alert statement into the existing code, where in the code would depend on when you want the alert and what for.

For modifying a built in indicator these can be re saved as a duplicated and then edited.
        To do that you would need to do the following:
        • Click Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator -> CandleStickPatterns
        • Once the NinjaScript window opens, right Click and choose Save As and give it a new name.

This will create a duplicate of the indicator that you can edit.

Next you would need to add in the Alert() or PlaySound() method depending on how you want to be alerted.

This is documentation for the Alert method: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...html?alert.htm

This is for the PlaySound() method: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../playsound.htm

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aussugardefender  
        Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
        14 responses
        0 likes