Market Replayer issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Replayer issues

I have recorded many days of data, and when I go into replayer mode the control panel displays, when I press play the timer moves but the charts do not. Any assistance would be appreciated. Also, my replayer is on all the time and I have a lot of data stored, how can I delete some of this data? Thanks.

Hello countjoemoney,

Can you please right click the Market Replay control and select 'Available Instruments'.

Check if the chart will receive real-time data for the times reflected under 'Available Instruments'.

Data is stored at My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->db-->data. However, please ensure not to make any other changes in this folder, since it can cause issues with the market Replay.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello and thanks for the response. I have checked several and when I right click and go to available instruments for any day other than today there is nothing available. I do see all of the db files but I am a complete novice at db stuff so have no idea how to fix if it can be.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hello countjoemoney,

If there are no instruments listed under 'Available Instruments' then you do not have market replay data for that day.

Do you see no instruments listed at all?

Did you make any changes in the data folder; does it contain any files that should not belong there?

Comment

I have not made any changes to any files. Several months ago I used the replayer every day and had no issues. Now it seems as if it creates a file but saves no data. No instruments are listed at all. I have my charts up most of the day. computer is hardly ever off. neither is ninja. not sure why no instruments would be available.

The only thing that I do with ninja is the data backup every monday. dont know if that would have any impact.

Comment

Could you please send me a screenshot of the 'Available Instrument' window.

Do you have 'Run market replay recorder' enabled at Tools-->Options-->Data-tab?

Do you see market replay files in the date folder you connect to at My Documents-->NinjaTrader 6.5-->db-->data?

Comment

I can send you a screen shot in a little while. Trading now. I dont see how it would change anything. Nothing shows up. I looked at the files and it looks as if somehow the program is selectively saving. I normally have 6e and 6b up and it sometimes saves 6a or es. I might pull them up during the day but not for long periods. But that will be the only file in there. Some have all of the files others have just one. But none are showing under available instrument when I right click on any other day besides today.

And I do have Market replay selected. along with store real time bar data.

thanks.

Comment

Note that in order to record market replay data, you will need to have 'Run market replay recorder' enabled and you will need to receive real-time data in a NinjaTrader window.

Could it be during days no ES data is listed, you did not receive real-time data in your ES chart?

The 'Available Instruments' window will only show recorded data for the day you connect to. If you like to replay data from another date, please select a different date when going to File-->Connect-->Market Replay.

Comment

Replay Guidance

Neither the manual nor the video on the REPLAY function accurately describe how to use REPLAY. The instructions do not match what I see in NT6.5. Can you point me to where more accurate instructions might reside? Thanks.

Comment

Unfortunately the option is now located at a different location. The video is outdated, but will be replaced when NinjaTrader 7 is released.

Please go to Tools-->Options-->Data-tab to enable 'Run market Replay recorder'.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ScottW, Today, 06:09 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ScottW
                    by ScottW

Started by Board game geek, 10-29-2023, 12:00 PM
                    14 responses