Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message when backtesting & NT shut down message

Hello,
    I'm a new user to Ninja trader. I'm trying to backtest using the strategy analyzer. My data feed is from Yahoo. When I backtest using one of the stocks in the list, I'm able to run backtest successfully. However, when I try to change to "on the fly" backtest to run a backtest, the initial fields under Data Series: Instrument: NQ 12-09. I click on this and it shows the fields type-(Default) and name NQ 12-09. I change the type-(Default) to type stock and before I can give the correct symbol, I get an error saying "Ninja trader has detected a problem and needs to shut down." Subsequently, I can neither run a backtest on the existing symbols on the list nor can I chart any stock. Could you please tell me what I should be doing? Thanks in advance ..

Hamming, welcome to our forums - this sounds like .NET framework corruption, please contact us at support at ninjatrader dot com and we'll follow up, thanks
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand,
      I deleted the futures symbols from the (default) list and populated the (default) with some stock symbols and the problem went away when trying to access other stock symbols from "on the fly". Perhaps there was a problem when it tried to access futures from Yahoo for which there was no data. If you still would like to get any log files, please let me know which ones to mail you from a mailer outside of NT.

Comment

Good to hear, if you like, forward me the files with today's date from the MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 6.5 > log and MyDocuments > NinjaTrader 6.5 > trace folders to support at ninjatrader dot com, thanks
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninjatrder 7 problem

I put the boomerang indicator that I bought and it comes with a DLL and I got into edit indicator and pulled up the BoomerangScapTrader and clicked right click and went to
          "References" and made sure the DLL was listed that goes with the indicator. I also compiled the indicator and no problem. Under NT 6.5 BoomerangScalpTrader works fine.

Now in 7.0, I'm getting the good old Ninjatrader has detected a problem and needs to shut down. Information has been written to the trace file. Please restart Ninjatrader and send us an email via Help Mail to support and include information on how you may have encountered this problem. This email will automatically embet relevent trace information to help diagnose the problem. It will no let me do any backtesting. When I pull up the indicators only CurrentDay OHL, EMA, JurikDMX, "JMA, "RSX,"VEL, linReg, SMA, SUM, WoodiesCCI, "Pivots show up.

So, what do I do now?

Comment

bill897, please attach your most recent trace files to your reply so we can see why NinjaTrader crashed. You can find these files at My Documents/NinjaTrader 7/trace. I would contact the author of the boomerang script for a NT7 version.
            AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post inanazsocial  
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes