Data Acquisition Failed Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Acquisition Failed Errors

Upon connecting to TDA and attempting to update charts, I get two errors for one ticker:

Error on loading chart data for 'TNA Default': Error - Hdr: 400 Data acquisition failed for 1 of 1 requests. Error retrieving data.

Error: Backfill "TNA" Hdr: 400 Data acquisition failed for 1 of 1 requests. Error retrieving data.

The inverse ticker TZA is fine. Input is appreciated.

Hello KrisS,

Thank you for your post.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Kyle" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
    1.) A link to this forum thread.
    2.) Your most current log and trace files.
    You will find the log file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt
    You will find the trace file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I receive these same errors for all of my stocks when it is not during trading hours.

Is this normal?

Comment

Unfortunately we don't know since the underlying software and the respective servers are controlled by TDA. However, NT7 (available as beta right now) comes with the latest version of the TDA software. Please let us know as you still experience the issue there. Thanks

Comment

Yes I am experiencing these same errors on NT7.

Comment

That's interesting. Could you please make sure you are on latest NT7B14 and if then you still would see these errors please:
            - mail in your complete log and trace dir by Help->Mail to support
            - reference this thread

I then would follow up with TDA support.

Thanks

Comment

Im having the same problem. I am using TD ameritrade as the data feed and if it is not during market hours it pops up the same message " Error on Loading chart data for 'IBM Default': Error - Hdr: 400 Data acquisition failed for 1 of 1 requests.Error retrieving data." If i try to bring it up during market hours theres no problem. I tried removing all the Ninjatrader directories and did a fresh reinstall of the latest beta version(14) and am still receiving the error. My session template is on the default 24/7

Comment

The problem likely is related to the TDA API and/or the TDA servers. Please proceed as per my post below so we could take the next step. Thanks

Comment

Brett (not sure who this actually is): I got your logs and traces and found lots of these errors:
                  >>The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

This is an indication that you might have either a online virus scanner or an online backup program running which locks files in NT directory <my documents>/NinjaTrader7. This makes NT break. Please turn off the offending tool or exclude the directory above from its operations.

After that issue is resolved I would be curious to see if the TDA issue is resolved as well.

Thanks

Comment

I have AVG antivirus running in the background so that could be the cause. Ill disable it and try again after market hours and see if i get the same error message. thanks

Comment

AVG definitely causes these issues. There's a module (don't recall the name) which causes these exact issues

Comment

Believe the module is called Resident Shield. You should be able to add an exception to Documents\NinjaTrader 7 directory through the Settings window for AVG's Resident Shield.
                        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just sent mine. I am not running any A/V.

FYI, it worked fine throughout the day and is still working okay right now. I can send another log after it breaks again if you prefer.

EDIT: The mail failed since it tries to send directly out of port 25 and this is being blocked by AT&T DSL. Is there an alternative method of sending?

Comment

Hi kinsei,

You will need to compress the following directories and then attach the .zip files to your note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com.

Log directory:
                            My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log

Trace directory:
                            My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace

When you send your message, please include 'ATTN: Dierk - 227634' in the subject line.
                            Thank you!
                            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ameritrade Feed

I've been getting the same above error with Ameritrade the past two days on both NT7 and NT 6.5 on two different computers with Market Analyzer. I think I've reloaded NT about a dozen times. I've tried the db repair, eliminated the AV, etc. Nothing works now but it worked fine last week.

Market Analyzer initially starts fine updating then Ameritrade has a temporary disconnect, reconnects within a couple of seconds, and then MA freezes.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post cls71
                              by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                              3 responses