Problem Charting QM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Charting QM

I am trying to put up a chart for the QM contract but keep recieving the following message:

"Error in requesting historical data from IB: No security definition has been found for the request(200)"

However I can clearly see it in Instrument Manager. Not sure what the problem could be but certainly would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Joe

Welcome to the forums Joe, is this on NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.13 using IB TWS 895.3 as per http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm ?

Please try the QM 11-09 symbol with the NYMEX exchange, works well for me here.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

I have been trading for about 18 years but definitely new to NT. In spite of the problems I have to say I am impressed.
      I had an older version of NJ on the computer and upgraded this morning thinking that would surely solve the problem. It didn’t, and seems to have created a new one. Besides not being able to get a QM chart, all the indicators I downloaded from the forum don’t work. The program won’t even allow me to delete them. Seems like I’m loosing ground!
      Naturally I understand that intense program support can’t be given here but certainly open to all suggestions. In fact if you think it would help and make things easier I’ll delete the program and start all over. I don’t really have any saved work yet so it’s not that much of issue.
      Thanks again for the help, it’s very much appreciated.

Joe

Comment

Hi Joe, thanks for the kind words, did you also check into the used TWS version on your end? It's important to follow our suggestions for the 'correct' one to use on the connection guide link I posted earlier.

For the indicators, please try opening one by going to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > just pick one for example ADL

Then right click in the editor and press on 'Compile', this will now compile ALL NinjaScript's (which is different from most trading softwares programs, as we compile all in one assembly file for maximum performance).

Then recheck if you're able to use them again...

For the QM - do you live data for this contract when add the ticker to your TWS page?

Comment

I seem to have solved my indicator issue. There was one offending script that when deleted resolved the problem. Still can't get a QM or CL chart though. All else seems to work.

Joe

Comment

Great, just to check - you get CL and QM data in your TWS directly?

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

We must have been replying at the same time. Yes, I get live QM, CL data in all other live applications and on TWS page. Need to get to work now but after the trading day is over I’m going to go over everything I’m doing and see if I can run down anything I’m doing wrong. Willing to bet it’s something simple. Of course if you have any other ideas in the meantime I’ll pursue them too.

Joe

Comment

Hi Joe, please go to Tools > Instrument Manager and remove the CL and QM symbols you have running on the left default list ( > button ).

Then readd them fresh from the middle master instrument list using the < button, please make sure to use the NYMEX exchange and Nov expiries for both.

Then recheck if Level 1 data is streaming in in the Control Center when you select those contract from the 'default' list.

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you but was out of town today. Here is where I’m at. I tried what you suggested but to no avail. In fact I soon discovered a lot of symbols weren’t working. So I thought I would do some digging on my own before getting back to you. It turned out the problem was in Instrument Manager. There were instances where the wrong symbol was used for IB, or there was no symbol at all under Symbol Map. Once I changed everything to the correct symbol and expiration date all worked fine.
                  I want to again thank you for your help in this matter as it was much appreciated. I’m already doing good things with NT and only just getting started. As you might imagine I’m looking forward to the general release of 7.0.

Joe

Comment

Hi Joe, thanks for the reply, great to hear you got it working for you. NinjaTrader 7 is in beta testing now and so far we're very happy with the feedback we're getting - to track all updates please book mark this page - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/NT7/NinjaTrader7.html

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post CactusMan  
                    Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes