Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question re historical data

Hi

I am given to understand that historical data comes about through Ninja Trader actually storing the tick data that data feed vendors such as TT and Zenfire provide and then making that stored data available as historical data, rather than the historical data being made available directly from the data vendors...

If my understanding of this is correct, could someone please explain why historical data is not available for ALL supported data vendors? One of the most frustrating aspects of my trading life is not having historical data for the SPI (Aussie ASX200 Share Price Index futures market). I am limited to using PatSystems as they are the only *supported* data vendor that serves up SPI data, but there is no historical data made available. Nor is any historical data available for any other contract served by PatSystems.

I was always under the impression that it was a limitation on the part of Pats that was the problem but now I seemingly understand how historical data is made available, I wonder if the reason Pats data is excluded is due to economic, technological or, (forgive me for suggesting it) political reasons?

Pete

Question re historical data

Hello Pete:

NinjaTrader has agreements with a few select FCMs whereby historical data is provided as you outlined in your note. We do not have an agreement in place with any Patsystems based FCMs to provide historical data nor do I beleive the index you want is included in the historical data we provide so even if historical data was available, it likely would not help you.

However it is possible to connect NinjaTrader to Patsystems and a second data connection from a 3rd party data provider such as Barchart.com, IQFeed, or eSignal.

If you had one of these data services and they included the index you wanted, then you would be all set. You would just need to follow the instructions on this web page that outlines order connection details.

Please let me know if that answers your question or if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

John

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post kempotrader  
    Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
    0 responses