Cbi.MarketData.StartNow exception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cbi.MarketData.StartNow exception

I'm running with both Barchart.com and TDAmeritrade connections. The connections are both OK, and bars are flowing to the charts. But sometimes, when I run a backtest or start a live strategy, I get a Cbi.MarketData.StartNow exception stating that "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary: 'TNA' Key being added: 'TNA' ." After that exception, bars for the cited instrument stop flowing. This happens with different instruments at different times, but I've only noticed it with ETFs that I added to the Instrument Manager.

Do I have something mixed up in my Instrument Manager, or is there some other possible source?

Hello jerimac2,

Yes, the error indicates two instruments use the same symbol mapping.

I suggest to check what instrument is using the same symbol mapping as the TNA and change it.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've gone through the instruments that I'm using and made sure that I only have symbol mappings for Barchart.com and TDAmeritrade, but I'm still getting the exception.

The Instrument Manager allows me to search on the instrument Name, but not on the Symbol Maps. How can I find an instrument that might be using the same Symbol Map?

Comment

Hello jerimac2,

Unfortunately it is not possible to search on symbol mapping in the Instrument Manager.

You can reset your instruments to set all default instruments to their default state. Go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Reset Instruments.

If the issue persists, most likely it indicates two custom created instruments are using the same symbol mapping.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
        7 responses