Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT never fully connects

Hello,

So NT is not fully connecting to my brokerage. I use InteractiveBrokers and have never experienced this problem before. It came seemingly out of no where. I tell it to connect to IB, I hear the confimation ding that it's connected, it pulls some of the data my charts are supposed to be showing (see link http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...086#post120086) and TWS receives the request for a conncetion and accepts it, but in the bottom left hand corner of the Control Center it still says it's attempting to connect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hello Darth-Trader,

Thank you for your post.

What version of IB's TWS are you running?
    What version of NinjaTrader are you running?

Per the data issue, please continue to work in this thread as well. In the future, please refrain from creating separate threads when issues are related.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The version of NT I have is 6.5.1000.13
      For TWS it's 895.3

Something I noticed while I got the version number from TWS is that when I click "About Trader Workstation" and the dialog box comes up it appears to be pressing a key that causes the dialog to close unless I click the window. When I do click the window I hear Windows beeping as if a button that has no function in the window in focus is being pressed repeatedly. This is not my keyboard or my computer itself. I experience no other problems in any other application and my friend, on his computer, is having the same problems as me.

We are both using the same backed up data imported into NT. Is there a way to completely remove all NT data and reinstall? Perhaps that'll do something, but with the "invisible" key press in TWS I really don't know what to do.

Sorry about making two threads, wasn't sure what problem to choose as the source and figured at the very worst a mod would come by and delete that post.

Thank you for your help.

Comment

Hi Darth-Trader,

Thank you for your reply.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Kyle" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:

1.) A link to this forum thread.
        2.) Your most recent log and trace files.
        You will find the log file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Log > log.YYYYMMDD.txt
        You will find the trace file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 6.5 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

I got the connection issue fixed, however, I only get data from the current date to the last month of 2008. TWS gives me the data it should, which is 3 years worth. Any reason why I wouldn't be getting all the data in NT?
          Last edited by Darth-Trader; 10-21-2009, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Hello Darth-Trader,

Thank you for your post.

Which instrument are you referring to specifically?

Comment

All of them. I get no data before Dec 2008. Also, the stock MJN shows incorrect volume levels on a chart. Market Analyzer gives more accurate data, but the chart data makes no sense. It gives me 20k values when I'm supposed to get 400k+. I'm not sure if the volume inaccuracy applies to more than just MJN.

Comment

Hello Darth-Trader,

Unfortunately volume data with IB can result in such data. Please see the forum thread below for more information.

What interval is used in the NinjaTrader chart. Are you able to right click the chart and select 'Reload Historical Data'?

Please check the Log-tab if you see any error messages related to historical data.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
                11 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by fernandobr, Today, 09:11 AM
                1 response
                0 likes