Error Sending Stop/Market order via Pats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Sending Stop/Market order via Pats

I connected via NT Pats to my broker which is MF Global. I was able to send limit orders from tradestation by AT interface of NT but not able to send market and stop orders. An error message says "Provider doesn't support the order type", but I am sure my broker support and has enabled both order types for my account. Does anyone run into similar problems? Please help.

Also, the "Change Password" feature in the connection setup window doesn't work for me. It didn't change the password for me when I enter a new one and error message says "bad password" etc, I am stuck with my assigned password for my first logon. Anyone help?

Hello dct,

I am not sure why only limit orders are accepted. Could this be a limitation of the exchange?

I suggest to contact your broker and verify if such orders are accepted as per the instrument you trade.

Start NinjaTrader and go to Tools-->Account Connections and modify your Patsystems connection.

Enable 'Change Password' and enter the new password and finish the connection.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

to Jason, it can't be an exchange limitation. MFG has stops server and they confirmed that I can use stop orders, including that specific exchange, if my Pats API works.

Comment

Hello dct,

Can you please send me your latest log and trace files to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. You can find these files at the following locations:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Log--> log.20091016 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20091016 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Comment

Hello, it has been 10 days after I have sent the log and trace file requested. Could any NT CS give me an update of the current status of the troubleshoot.

This is actually a market that I am actively trading and not just with a few contracts either.

Comment

Hello dct,

I have not seen the email with your log and traces so far.

Could you please tell me what email address was used to send the files.

Comment

Hello David,

Did you receive my latest email below?

"You are referring to TFX rejection error, correct? Please respond to emails we send you instead of sending new emails.

I checked our history and did you contact your broker regarding the rejection error?

I checked the log file and noticed the following native rejection error:

16/10/2009 11:42:32|0|32|0 - Exceeding price limit Affected Order: Buy 1 Limit @ 500

16/10/2009 11:42:32|1|32|Order='1227517/HKR136' Name='' New State=Rejected Instrument='TXF 10-09' Action=Buy Limit price=500 Stop price=0 Quantity=1 Type=Limit Filled=0 Fill price=0 Error=OrderRejected Native error='0 - Exceeding price limit'

Such errors comes from the broker/exchange. Unfortunately I am not familiar with this particular rejection error. Please contact your broker as well and check if they can provide clarification regarding this rejection error.

These rejections occur on limit orders."

Comment

Hello dct,

Could you please send me the trace file for the date NinjaTrader crashed when you manually submitted stop orders. You can find this file at the following location:

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> Trace--> trace.20091025 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this thread.

Comment

Trace file just sent. I think the section you are interested in starts at line with time denote “2009-10-16 16:19:32:857”, which is almost at the bottom of the file. You can see "********* exception trapped *********" written at "2009-10-16 16:20:08:544"

Comment

Hi Jason, were you able to find the root cause of the problem from the trace file I sent you?

Comment

Hello David,

Did you receive my email below?

Hello David,

Thank you for your response.

Please see the link below at the bottom.

Patsystems Adapter
                      - Updated to the latest Patsystems API

Could it be these orders are only supported on the latest Patsystems API?
                      I suggest to apply for a NT 7 beta version, which is updated to the latest Patsystems API. Check if the issue persists with NinjaTrader 7.

To be considered for the 2nd beta release please send an email to support [at) ninjatrader -dot- com and in the subject please include "NT7 Beta Request". Preference will be given to:

- Paying users over free users
                      - Tenure as a NinjaTrader user
                      - Past experience beta testing our products

Please include in your email:

- Full name and country of residence
                      - If you are a paying user, your license key (Help > License Key)
                      - How long you have been using NinjaTrader for
                      - Any past experience beta testing NinjaTrader
                      - Any comments you would like to add

Comment

Hello David,

I have been sending the emails to [email protected] all along. I responded to the emails you sent us, so it used the email address you entered. I checked it and it is listed as: [email protected]. Perhaps they ended up in your junk folder?

Could you please send me an email at [email protected] and include your phone number, so I can give you a call.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by DJ888, Today, 10:57 PM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post DJ888
                        by DJ888

Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM