3rd party indicator support in NinjaScript

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd party indicator support in NinjaScript

Hello. Recently I bought a 3rd party indicator called Nison Candlestick Scanner (NCS) to be used with NinjaTrader.

This indicator works properly when I access it from the charts screen.

However, when I try to add this indicator in a NinjaScript Strategy, this indicator does not appear in the list of indicators (only the built-in NinjaTrader indicators appear).

Is there something special that either I or that company must do in order to expose this indicator for use with strategies?

Other info: I believe the indicator is installed via DLLs, and it requires registration before it can be authorized with a PC. (My PC is authorized for that indicator).

Thanks,
    Brian

Brian,

Unfortunately we would not be able to comment about this since we do not know how that particular package was programmed. You could inquiry with them directly to see if there was something special they needed you to do to get it to work.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh. I think I'm caught in limbo because the Nison support staff recommended I contact NinjaTrader for this issue. Unfortunately, I don't have access to communicate directly with their developers, so I don't believe I will be able to find out the answer.

Thanks,
      Brian

Comment

Brian,

Unfortunately all I can do is shoot in the blind here since I do not know how their indicators are implemented.

For the most part, let us pretend their indicator is called Nison. In your strategy you could do something like Add(Nison(some parameters)); in Initialize(). If there are some plot values you want to access you could try something like Nison(some parameters).somePlotName[0] in OnBarUpdate().

Comment

NinjaTrader supports the Nison Candle Scanner™ from candlestick Guru Steven Nison

Does this mean there will be support for this indicator now?

Did many people watch the webinar last night?

Will anyone be using this indicator? I still think its expensive even with a discount.

Comment

Support as in it works in NinjaTrader. As far as how to use it, asking other users or Nison directly would probably be the best methods.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post trilliantrader  
            Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
            1 response
            0 likes